• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toiletry

i have had a baby rabbit for 3 days, she is using her sleeping part as her toilet, any thing i can do to stop her, she has a large outside run as well.
thank you

Looks like she's not happy with your interior design skills!

Is she an indoor bun with a cage then? What does she have for bedding?

I would suggest that you put a litter tray where she is deciding to pee, and move bedding, hay, toys etc somewhere else. It might be easier than trying to train her to pee somewhere else as well as settle her into a new home.

How old is she? I'm not sure about girl bunnies, but boys certainly take a bit of time becoming properly toilet trained until they're neutered.

Good luck! :)

Rabbits don't have sleeping areas. If she has chosen one area as a toilet your best bet is to turn that area into the toilet by placing a litter tray in there. Place some hay on top of the litter if you want to keep it clean when she sits on top of it.

Back