• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toffee (guinea pig)

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
I have put together a video in memory of Toffee's life. The music is strong, just like Toffee was. As I said in the video description;

"Such a fighter, she battled to the end. A gorgeous pig who won everyone's heart. Now we remember her, and all the love she gave us. Sleep tight beautiful."

She came from a breeder in 2007. I didn't know better at the time. She was an adorable pig and quickly became everyone's favourite. She didn't even hit the age of 1 and cataracts started developing. Shortly after she was diagnosed with heart problems and placed on medication. The medication, and the love and care we showered over her gave her an extra 2.5 yrs - that I am sure. I wish we had longer with her, but it wasn't to be. She became bloated 2 weeks ago, and $600 later was on the mend. She was doing well and back to normal - but the gas and her heart and left her weakened. When Christmas came and we hit temps of 40C, it was too much. I had the air con on right up until we left, then I put the fan on in their room on the highest level. Each cage had 2 frozen water bottles, their water bottles were full and the blinds were shut to keep the sun out. It wasn't enough. She fought for 4 hours, when we made the decision to let her go. She was fitting, and the fits were lasting longer and getting nastier. We tried everything to help her to improve but it was a losing battle.

Toffee - you are an inspiration. You didn't complain, not once. You loved your veggies, you loved the syringe!! You didn't kick up a fuss about having your heart meds, and you loved Ella. The way you fought last night, and the way you have fought your whole life is truly amazing. You were one special pig and I will never, ever forget you. I am so sorry I couldn't do anymore. In a way I feel like I let you down, so for that I am truly sorry. But you were and will always be loved. Rest in peace gorgeous. xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upc3wPQBVfQ

Popcorn free, Toffee. xx

Edit, just to add that the tribute video shows how special and how loved she was.

Last edited:
Back