• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toby - Lymington Bunny - At Peace Now - PM Results

Awwww, how sad, poor Toby :( I'm quite certain he would want to say THANK YOU for rescuing him and giving him the chance to live out his final weeks in cleanliness, peace and comfort. It does make you wonder how common Liver Lobe Tortion is though doesn't it - much like VHD, do people's bunnies just die and they never find out why :(

I don't know enough about it but I am going to read up on it today.

Richard Saunders has done some work on this - he spoke about it at the conference and I seem to recall he said that he thinks it is more common than is diagnosed but also as there seems to be a batch in the south west among certain breeds of buns, he thinks it has a strong genetic connection that causes an odd shape to the liver which makes it more likely to twist: do you have a set of his notes?

Awwww, how sad, poor Toby :( I'm quite certain he would want to say THANK YOU for rescuing him and giving him the chance to live out his final weeks in cleanliness, peace and comfort. It does make you wonder how common Liver Lobe Tortion is though doesn't it - much like VHD, do people's bunnies just die and they never find out why :(

Richard Saunders has done some work on this - he spoke about it at the conference and I seem to recall he said that he thinks it is more common than is diagnosed but also as there seems to be a batch in the south west among certain breeds of buns, he thinks it has a strong genetic connection that causes an odd shape to the liver which makes it more likely to twist: do you have a set of his notes?

Ivan concurs and pretty much, when a bun dies quietly from this, an owner, unless a really interested, pro research one, is going to just bury or cremate the animal. So as you say, vets don't see it. Ivan did actually seem grateful for the opportunity to see this during the PM (if you know what I mean by that).

I didn't get the notes, no, and didn't get to see any of the lectures becuase of the MMC duties. Jo did though so I will see if I can borrow them. Very interesting.

Sleep tight Toby, although you didnt have a life you deserved at the start, at least you were loved very much in your last days here.
Binky free at Rainbow Bridge little man xx

Thank heavens the rescue took place - just think how much suffering these poorly buns would have endured x

Back