• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toby - Lymington Bunny - At Peace Now - PM Results

It seems sad that quite a few of these buns are passing after being saved, but I believe that their little bodies are relaxing and allowing them to pass on. So at least they have been given that calmness and care to be able to let go. Sorry to hear about Toby.

I am so sorry :(

Binky free Toby, find Berol and have fun together xxx

I am sure he will do just that Liz.

I am so upset, even though I only knew him for a very short time. He went to foster on the night he came to us and I saw him only once since as he was in good hands getting him well enough to be neutered.

These bunnies just seem to have gotten under our skins.

There is going to be a PM if possible to see if there is anything congenital with his heart.

I so hope that all the others go on to live much, much longer.

Just got back from Ivan the vet and he has already done the PM. It was a liver lobe torsion.

:cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry. I wonder if this condition is actually a lot more common than is believed but so few people have postmortems done. At least he died in a loving environment and not out in a cold dirty hutch.

:cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry. I wonder if this condition is actually a lot more common than is believed but so few people have postmortems done. At least he died in a loving environment and not out in a cold dirty hutch.

Quite possibly. More common I believe in overweight rabbits and those that suffer stress. I don't know enough about it but I am going to read up on it today.

Poor fella. His deterioration happened so quickly but at least he had everything he needed with him, and wasn't in pain. He drifted off sometime between 1am and 3am this morning.

I still keep thinking about how many of these rabbits would simply have died in their hutches from cancers and the like if the woman hadn't asked for help. Thank goodness it was a different ending for them.

Quite possibly. More common I believe in overweight rabbits and those that suffer stress. I don't know enough about it but I am going to read up on it today.

Poor fella. His deterioration happened so quickly but at least he had everything he needed with him, and wasn't in pain. He drifted off sometime between 1am and 3am this morning.

I still keep thinking about how many of these rabbits would simply have died in their hutches from cancers and the like if the woman hadn't asked for help. Thank goodness it was a different ending for them.

I thought this, thankgoodness they are out of there and at least comfortable. Poor little Toby :cry:

Back