• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Titus - large boy and his small friend Lindt, looking for their forever home (Essex)

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
Meet Titus:
IMG_8243_zpsnz4invam.jpg

IMG_8251_zpsos8qqflp.jpg

Titus is the most gorgeous lad who is looking for his forever home with a neutered female rabbit. He is still only about 5 months old and already weighs 2.7kg so is obviously going to be quite a big lad - although exactly how big remains to be seen!

Titus was originally living with another pair of rabbits, all three had been bought as girls but it turned out that Titus was a boy so he was separated from his pals and came to me. He has now been neutered and is looking for a home where he can once again enjoy the companionship of another rabbit.

Titus is a lovely, gentle boy who is quite happy to come and say hi and accept nose rubs. Like many rabbits, especially bigger rabbits, he does not really like being picked up but prefers interacting with people with his feet firmly on the ground. He is very nosey and enjoys sniffing and chinning various objects to ensure that everyone knows that shoes, carriers, tunnels, hidey holes and food all belong to him :) As a youngster he is pretty boisterous but he also enjoys chucking himself onto his back for a nice nap. He is a nice tidy boy keeping all his poops in one litter tray.

Titus is looking for a home with lots of space for him to explore and enjoy. As he is still growing and will be a big lad, he will need a lot of space including extra height as he can already easily stretch up to 2ft which is the height of a normal hutch. Ideally, an aviary or shed with run attached would make a lovely base for him and a pal, but I would be happy to discuss alternatives as long as it provides a suitable amount of permanently accessible, predator proof space. As a guide, I ask for around 60 square feet of permanently accessible space although the bigger the better, especially for a large lad like Titus. I do not rehome to accommodation where free ranging is the main or only form of exercise or where any free ranging is unsupervised.

If you have a lady bun looking for a new friend, please do consider the beautiful Titus. I do home visit to ensure a good match between bunny and home so can only rehome within a reasonable distance of Colchester, Essex. If you are interested in adopting Titus please do get in touch. Titus has only just been neutered and will be vaccinated shortly so he will be available for rehoming from around the middle of September.

Last edited:
Titus is still looking for his forever home - we attempted to bond him with a lady at the weekend but after a good start she became very territorial and we had to separate them :( He's such a gentle, soppy boy, it would be lovely to see him settled in his forever home soon. He still weighs about 2.6kg so in spite of his ears and feet, maybe that's as large as he is going to get after all...

Titus is still looking for his forever home - we attempted to bond him with a lady at the weekend but after a good start she became very territorial and we had to separate them :( He's such a gentle, soppy boy, it would be lovely to see him settled in his forever home soon. He still weighs about 2.6kg so in spite of his ears and feet, maybe that's as large as he is going to get after all...

Oh that's a shame. I hope he will eventually find a suitable companion. I have often found that two gentle bucks are much easier to bond than the usual Buck/Doe mix. At one time our little friend the late Nomad had a Bro-love, the late Fred

050-4.jpg

I wish I hadn't clicked on the thread...he is utterly gorgeous!! :love: I would take him in a heartbeat if I could be sure a trio would work! I really hope he finds his forever home soon :)

Titus is still looking for a new home, but he is now half of a pair; I bonded him with Lindt, one of my other bunnies who had been living with her sister Sprungli. She had been getting a bit bullied so I separated them and thought she might be a good match with Titus. I was right, it was love at first sight and these two are totally inseparable. So if you're looking for a lovely, soppy, friendly pair of bunnies, then please consider these two :love:

Back