• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

those with house bunnys and bunnys in sheds

I was just thinking today how many bus wont get fed, or botherd with because their hutch is standing out in the rain, while the family is cosy in the house. It only gets worse for those "childs pets" as the weather gets colder and darker:cry:

Its horrible to think of buns not being tended just because of the rain, I do not know how people can neglect animals and be all cosy themsleves.

Waterproofs

This lovely wet weather I feel for the bunnies and rabbits. Mine have a run attached to the hutch 24/7 and have shower curtains and perspex covering the runs so that they can at least get outside without getting too wet.
This leaves lots of lovely wet water on the top for me to content with when feeding etc! I must find where I put my waterproof trousers:lol::lol:

It has its benefits though you can come in all soaked through, gives you an excuse to wrap yourself up in a fluffy bath robe, have a nice hot mug of tea and relax on RU for a while, (thats if you need excuses to do these things):)

This lovely wet weather I feel for the bunnies and rabbits. Mine have a run attached to the hutch 24/7 and have shower curtains and perspex covering the runs so that they can at least get outside without getting too wet.
This leaves lots of lovely wet water on the top for me to content with when feeding etc! I must find where I put my waterproof trousers:lol::lol:

Just reminded me I have some waterproof trousers somewhere

Housebunny in lounge, foster bunny in dining room and 2 fosters bunnies in a shed.... I wouldnt want to go back to hutch bunnies, not in the wet weather anyway. :D

Spare a thought for those of us who have to tend rabbits in hutches and get soaked several times a day. I cannot wait until I get my walk in Kennel and run.

I feel your pain! :cry:

I have 4 hutch and run combos, 2 playhouses, and 4 aviaries. The aviaries are the best of the bunch in the rain, but I still get soaked walking from one to the other.

It'll be even worse when the clocks go back, because I'll have to do the bunnies straight after work whatever the weather, rather than waiting to see if the rain stops

Back