• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with bunnies who live in your bedroom...

If I let Jack free range at night, I expect he'd jump all over my head and pee on my pillow as I slept on it. :roll: He's very good in that he doesn't destroy/chew anything...! And he's not yet castrated, so it's not really his fault... and he'll now use his litter tray nearly perfectly IN his crate, and he doesn't poop everywhere so much anymore...! But I think he'd pee on my bed, because he likes peeing on soft things, so... he's caged over night. :) And he's sooooo good and doesn't rattle his bars, as he does during the day, because it's like he knows I'm sleeping.

evin and Perry free range 24/7 in my room....they can be a bit noisy in the early hours ,they like to dig at the floor and chew the bars where I've barricaded things off with a puppy pen ,Perry jumps on the bed and digs at my duvet sometimes too. :roll:

we long ago gave up on crates etc indoors.

we have two free ranging in the study, two free ranging in our bedroom, two temporarily free ranging in our 'lodgers' bedroom (long term friend) and two free ranging in the dining room - though not in the front room in case Robinia starts nibbling the sofas.

They have poo trays of hay and each room has a 'mat' where they tend to sleep.

Have tried to have Pie totally free range but she will jump on the bed and then wee - sometimes on us! :?:roll:
Or she digs up the carpet which makes more noise than you'd think. We put her in her pen at night (takes up about half the room! :lol:)

Well they free-ranged last night and were as good as gold. :thumb: I think they spent most of it in their crate but they get ever so annoyed if I shut the door.

It's nice having them out all the time. They do jump on my bed when I'm awake or if it's food time but not when I'm asleep. They soon jump down again. Well, Mini does, Mischa hasn't quite got the hang on jumping down yet and needs some encouragement, but he doesn't jump up as often as Mini.

(Though I did find him on my bed this afternoon fast FAST asleep!)

My two are pretty quiet at night. I don't go to bed early though. So they are active soon after i get up and when I settle down at night. They arn't so bad chewing-wise as they used to be and are quite good on that score now. They chew the underside of my chair sometimes but not often, they tend to sleep under it instead.

PS> I wouldn't dare do this with Nutmeg and Smudge as Smudge is lively and very chewy at the moment cos he's only a baby (well, teenager).

Back