• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you who have bunnies that insist on sitting out in the run all night .......

I just leave them to it. They know better than us what makes them uncomfortable or comfortable, and they have the intelligence to go in side if they feel cold. :)

This ^^ My bunnies have lots of warm places to sleep but prefer the cold places instead! :roll:

Just coming back to this thread...I have always tucked the girls up into their hutch before I go to bed at night and put the weather cover down over the entire hutch but tonight I have left them out in the run...both bottom hutch doors are open, the weather cover is down over the top half of the hutch and then there is tarp over the run...they have a big underbed srotage box in the run full of straw on the bottom and lovely thick hay on top so they can always climb into that if they want or they can go into the hutch and up to bed. At the moment they are nomming apple sticks in the run enjoying the freedom...I dont know why its taken me so long to feel brave enough to leave them out! Fingers crossed they will be ok! :?

Just coming back to this thread...I have always tucked the girls up into their hutch before I go to bed at night and put the weather cover down over the entire hutch but tonight I have left them out in the run...both bottom hutch doors are open, the weather cover is down over the top half of the hutch and then there is tarp over the run...they have a big underbed srotage box in the run full of straw on the bottom and lovely thick hay on top so they can always climb into that if they want or they can go into the hutch and up to bed. At the moment they are nomming apple sticks in the run enjoying the freedom...I dont know why its taken me so long to feel brave enough to leave them out! Fingers crossed they will be ok! :?

They will be absolutely fine! And look at the stress you save getting them in the hutch at bedtime! Just watch they've not got their pals over and are going wild with their new found freedom!:lol:

Furby and Faye have a hutch/run combined and are only ever in their hutch at nom time. They seem to prefer sitting on the paving stones rather than a snuggly hay filled sleeping compartment. As long as they have somewhere warm they can go, I just leave them to it. Both buns are young and healthy and can easily access their hutch if they choose to.

I wouldn't leave my elderly, arthritic bun Dylan out all night - but he is shut in anyway because their run and hutch aren't combined.

It's a bit like my cats who choose to sleep in the most odd and uncomfortable looking places - when they have nice, warm, snuggly beds with blankies in. I guess they know what they like - I'm just the human who pays the bills:)

They will be absolutely fine! And look at the stress you save getting them in the hutch at bedtime! Just watch they've not got their pals over and are going wild with their new found freedom!:lol:

:lol:

They were absolutly fine! :thumb: I went out at about 6.30am this morning and they were happy hopping around the run...and yes it was nice not to have to chase them into the hutch last night!! ;)

My run and hutch is as fox proof as it can be!!

Back