• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

This is an emergency, please can someone help

jus read this...im appalled at your vets!!

Im so glad to hear hes doing well now.fingers crossed for total recovery..did the vet not have any ideas on what it may have been at all?

From what he has been given it sounds as though he is being treated for GI stasis and FRS.

i am relieved that your bun is ok. i am extremely angry at your vets though. what the hell were they thinking fobing you of like that!? anyone who knows anything about rabbits (especialy a trained vetinary nurse who damn well should know about rabbits) knows how serious stomach problems in rabbits are.

i am relieved that your bun is ok. i am extremely angry at your vets though. what the hell were they thinking fobing you of like that!? anyone who knows anything about rabbits (especialy a trained vetinary nurse who damn well should know about rabbits) knows how serious stomach problems in rabbits are.

I totally agree.

I'm glad he's on the mend! I would make a formal complaint against the nurse that you saw though :?

:evil:I agree 100% - you are very lucky to still have him with you - very, if she treats someone else's rabbit that way they might not be. Please say something, I don't think any of us can over emphasise how delicate a rabbits digestive system is or how serious the symptoms yours showed can be.

So glad he's pulled through though. A big relief for you :D

Haven't been on for a few days and was scared to read the end of this thread. So so glad for you that your bunny pulled through. I had one who went because of GI and it is awful how fast they go downhill. All the more reason for your vets to be more sympathetic. Time to look around for a new vet practice I think. One that seems to CARE more about the animals than the money!!

Phew, what a relief, he's one lucky bunny!..... and I completely agree, the nurse wants telling, that was dangerous advice she gave and the next bun might not be so lucky.

just caught this thread - so pleased bun is ok. how terrible. i would write a complaint to the vets and explain how you and bun was treated. you can't let this go, yuo could ahve lost your bun with their lack of care ! :evil:

Just read throught his thread, I'm really pleased your bun is on the mend now. I am very disappointed that a vet would fob you off that way, your bun should have had that injections during the first visit.

Big kisses to your bun xx

Thought the vets would have to help an animal in distress like this. Was in my vets after Xmas and heard them on the phone arranging treatment for an injured stray dog.

Back