• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thinking of adopting 2 buns

AnjaSanja

Warren Scout
So...While half of our country is fighing, cleaning, working their ass off, the res of us trying to help in a way we can (some financial aid, products and lending helping hands)...Severe floods, avalanches. Destruction like our country does not remember. Houses gone, roads, bridges, drinking water... In all that I came to conclusion that my living arrangemant is not that bad, that I do have space and enough money to try and find Sherlock his Watson and Brko his Lady. As it turns at the moment there are two spayed females, looking for home.

One looks a lot like Sherlock. The other is white and fluffy. I wrote to SVSP (Slovenian vets for stray pets) if they think we could be the one and after coming back frm seaside...well see if they are still looking for home in if we can give them.

I Will need to do some deep clening, step by step bonding. But for some reason I think that Sherlock will get his Watson sooner then later :) Any thoughts on bunny bonding, 2 pairs side by side living or things to avoid are appreciated. We did bond 2 buns before. But never had situation like this.

I'm sorry that there are so many issues in your country :( That's exciting news though about the two new bunnies. I hope they are still available.

I think if it were me I would consider bonding one pair at a time. Not only would I not feel confident that I could easily deal with any aggression promptly, but I think that each pair would pick up on the other pair's stress and so the whole situation would be far less calm for everyone. I think also that I would house the bonding pair in a neutral space far away from the other rabbit(s).

It must be very hard to try to continue leading as normal a life as possible despite the chaos and destruction going on around you.

If you do adopt the two Does I would do as Omi suggested and just attempt one bond at a time. I would do side by side living first. As Sherlock and Brko are not bonded there is no risk of referred aggression between them and the two Does are separate too.

I would wait a few weeks before attempting any bonding so you can get to know the individual characters of the Does. That would give you a few clues as to which Doe would suit which of your boys. When you start the bondings I’d make a bonding pen well away from the other two Rabbits. So the two being bonded will only have each other to focus on.

Hope your baby is well :D You are very brave taking on two more Rabbits whilst having a little person to care for too !

I got braver now that baby became toddler ang starts kindergarden :)

Yeah I have one spare room to bond. If needed two. I did thought of one pair at the time. Stress and time related.

Back