• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

These are amazing! (bottle/bowl thing)

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I think BattleKat has one? I know I got the idea from someone on here :lol:
I thought it would be a good idea to get one as the boys get overexcited about company and end up sitting in the water bowls.. To start with Leo had no idea what it was, but Kerbie used it straight away and Leo followed! I've had to leave a bottle on the pen because for the first time in nearly 3 years Leo has decided to drink from it :roll:

It kind of hooks onto the bars then I used garden wire to support the back. For one in the shed I'd probably put a brick or make a wooden support to keep it on and attach some hooks to the wall and wire it on that way :)

I think I'm going to get one for Donny and Lola now, it's great!

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/smallpet_water_bottles/92958

I have one of these for the guinea pigs. It's great apart from the water goes everywhere when you try and attach it to the bars :evil:

I have one of these for the guinea pigs. It's great apart from the water goes everywhere when you try and attach it to the bars :evil:

I let my bf do that bit, he only got a little bit on the floor :lol: I think it would be much easier to have one in the shed because it is a bit fiddly on the pen bars!

I will be watching this thread with interest as this seem perfect for the ferrets as they are clumsy and sometimes tip the bowls over but they dislike drinking out of the bottles.

Sounds like an awesome idea. Mine constantly knock their bowl over, stand in it, flick poops and hay in it. I'll see if ebay or amazon does them because my local pet shop only does metal, plastic and ceramic bowls.

I have one ands its really clever, but all my runs/hutches have such a small mesh guage because of fox proofing that it will not fit on.

they're very large bottles so won't fit in a bike bottle holder.
We made a little shelf thing for ours with some bungee cords holding it on and have never had any problems with spillage. It was only a temporary measure until they chewed the cords apart but it's still going strong several years on - photo

I used a bowl while mine were inside and it drove me mad, they were constantly spilling it, standing in it, getting hay/fur/poo in it. Equally, I can't imagine using a normal bottle now either. These things are definitely my favourite ever bunny purchase!

I have one ands its really clever, but all my runs/hutches have such a small mesh guage because of fox proofing that it will not fit on.

the gauge is actually the thickness of the wire, if you cut a small hole for the bowl part to fit through the mesh it would probably (depending on what you actually have) still be fox proof :thumb:

they're very large bottles so won't fit in a bike bottle holder.
We made a little shelf thing for ours with some bungee cords holding it on and have never had any problems with spillage. It was only a temporary measure until they chewed the cords apart but it's still going strong several years on - photo

I used a bowl while mine were inside and it drove me mad, they were constantly spilling it, standing in it, getting hay/fur/poo in it. Equally, I can't imagine using a normal bottle now either. These things are definitely my favourite ever bunny purchase!

How do you stop it spilling when you put it in? The minute I turn it the right way it floods out. It's become my least favourite job as I have to try and hold a bowl underneath and get it in the holder as soon as possible to stop me soaking the piggies hutch and all the bedding/hay etc.

How do you stop it spilling when you put it in? The minute I turn it the right way it floods out. It's become my least favourite job as I have to try and hold a bowl underneath and get it in the holder as soon as possible to stop me soaking the piggies hutch and all the bedding/hay etc.
What kind of holder do you have?
It shouldn't spill over unless you're holding it at an angle. I just flip it the right way up (quickly) and sit it on the holder to keep it flat, then pull the cords round it.
I'm guessing by the fact you're holding a bowl under it you're trying to do it one-handed? I always do it with one hand on the bottle and the other holding the bowl part on. I don't know if that might make a difference?

I have one, is brilliant, they will not touch the bottle now, outside buns so the spillage doesnt matter but you could just pop a saucer underneath to catch the water while you fit it

Back