• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Giant Breeds

witchwoo

Young Bun
i am considering having one of the giant breeds, but it would have to live outside like my other rabbits, however nevering having a giant before i thought i would ask what is the best outside houseing for them, and i know this is not the right place to ask but is there anything i should consider before having one? thank you in advance for all help.

I think the best place for them to love would be a shed, a hutch would be much too small unless it was an absolutely huge hutch:wave:

:
i am considering having one of the giant breeds, but it would have to live outside like my other rabbits, however nevering having a giant before i thought i would ask what is the best outside houseing for them, and i know this is not the right place to ask but is there anything i should consider before having one? thank you in advance for all help.

I would consider getting 2 :D and keeping them in a shed/garage/large wendy house/aviary with an uber big run too, think about how massive their stride is when fully grown and how many steps they can do in the space - ofcourse a 6 foot run for a netherland dwarf is quite alot of steps. Extra height too as they can get quite tall on hind legs when being nosy, so must be able to do this easily. Consider costs too, as giants of course when fully grown get through a hell of alot of hay, and vets bills may be higher due to higher doses of medication etc, Id consider insuring bunny too. I would <3 a giant, French Lops are one of my faves, are you gonna rescue or pet shop? There has been a continental giant in my local pets at home now for months, he is huge, on his own and so lonely, every time i go in in breaks my heart to peer over to see if he is still there :(
Cant wait to see pics :) xxx

thank you for your advice, i was hoping to rescue but it wouldnt be right this second as there home would have to be worked out first, hay isnt a problem as at the moment i get there a bale every 2-3 weeks just with the 3 rabbits and 14 guinea pigs lol especialy with the cold weather. im just resurching at the moment as i would hate to get it all wrong and end up with a unhappy bun

thank you for your advice, i was hoping to rescue but it wouldnt be right this second as there home would have to be worked out first, hay isnt a problem as at the moment i get there a bale every 2-3 weeks just with the 3 rabbits and 14 guinea pigs lol especialy with the cold weather. im just resurching at the moment as i would hate to get it all wrong and end up with a unhappy bun

wow 14 pigs! and good on you for not rushing into it :D

hello, i have 6 rabbits that live in a 16m2 enclosure. I built it nearly 4 years ago and its still in good condition but i'm about to build a bigger one next to a workshop in the new year. Take a look at the youtube link on my siggy and if you think you would like something simular i would be happy to advise you how to make one of your own.

Back