• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The frustration of success

I'll say okay providing Gray never, ever, posts that smiley wrt me again. :lol:

What I don't want is another Sprocket/Widget dust up as a result though.

:lol:

I agree, I don't want one of those either, and I really want you guys to be sure about this, don't just say yes due to pressure or whatever.

That said, I don't think it would be the same as before, because Hay monster is ready for bonding at any time now (its about 6 weeks since his neuter now). If you could find someone who could bond them (normally I would offer but due to an exceptionally awkward and anxious rabbit here, I have to always sleep in my bed which I can't do whilst bonding, so I can't offer that anymore), then potentially they would come back to yours as a trio so there would be no referred aggression due to 'outsiders' in the vicinity. You guys would obviously need to do the whole vinegar all over the area thing before they came home from a bonders, and restricted and graduated access for a while, etc, but you wouldn't have any issue with referred aggression.

Obviously the first port of call would be a date with him and yours which may be a disaster, so all that I said up there could be a moot point.

You fought the rescue for us to have Minnie and eventually they agreed.
Lets hope this works out well for you and all the buns.:D

I have no idea. He's not needed one yet- he's now 8 months old, I think, but the vets have said he is 'brewing' so I can only imagine he has some small spurs. He may never need one if he can be controlled properly, but any dental issue deems him unadoptable unless I can find a good owner and convince said Rescue that this owner will ensure he gets all his needs met. I've done this before, and this is the case with Little, going to Liz. If I trust the person then I would fight for them, but I'd have to really know them well as an animal owner, or else be able to get an excellent recommendation from a different course on someone.

Well,please dont go putting any pics up.................cos I may have to beg.xx

All true. Very, very true.

The missing bit may be that it all falls into the hands of those running the rescue and whether or not they agree with any plan I can get into place and pull into action.

Yes I thought it might be that :(. Still there is hope. The difficult bit I guess is finding the home that meets all those criteria. Then you have the convincing to do. Really hope something works out for him though.

:lol:

I agree, I don't want one of those either, and I really want you guys to be sure about this, don't just say yes due to pressure or whatever.

That said, I don't think it would be the same as before, because Hay monster is ready for bonding at any time now (its about 6 weeks since his neuter now). If you could find someone who could bond them (normally I would offer but due to an exceptionally awkward and anxious rabbit here, I have to always sleep in my bed which I can't do whilst bonding, so I can't offer that anymore), then potentially they would come back to yours as a trio so there would be no referred aggression due to 'outsiders' in the vicinity. You guys would obviously need to do the whole vinegar all over the area thing before they came home from a bonders, and restricted and graduated access for a while, etc, but you wouldn't have any issue with referred aggression.

Obviously the first port of call would be a date with him and yours which may be a disaster, so all that I said up there could be a moot point.

If my :love:ing causes no rehoming, i will stop doing it immediately, promise Sky :wave:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I take no responsibility for that Yvette, but he realy is totally luscious.

Oh Heck.Had to look!!!!
2 special needs buns here as some of you know......:roll:

What a gorgous fella...........:love::love::love::love::love:

Wonder what Ian wouldve said........:?:?:?:? (vet)

Ok I have become very biased all of a sudden.....BUTTERFLY!!!! :love::love::love::love::love: Sorry, I just couldnt help it! He is so cute!!! He looks a right bundle of fun!!

He (butterfly) was my fave when Sky first got the fostereeneries. I tried to hard to justify to myself, but had to say no :(

My OH loves Hay Monster too, wanted me to have him here, until i explained all the other things etc.

The way I see it is you know them best and what would be the best life for them.

If the middle bunny loves loads of attention and isn't too problematic health wise then looking for a different home may be the best option so that he would get all the attention he deserves in a home with much less bunnies than we have. However if the rescue don't agree to that then sadly that isn't going to be an option for him.

If you are happy for him to come here regardless then I am happy for you to try bonding him with Little and we can take the 2 together as I am sure bonding the pair to a female would be no harder than bonding one :)

But if they will not bond back together then we would prioritise the first place that comes to little as he has the most needs.

This has been such a difficult one as initially we thought it was a group of 3, then it was a pair and a single and now its 3 singles.

On top of that for the first time ever we have not lost a single rabbit in nearly 2 months which is wonderful :) but also means there are no spaces for new bunnies just yet.

Hi Liz,

I think we can discount Hay Monster from needing to come to you because there's nothing wrong with him at all and he can be rehomed to anyone which is marvellous. There is no reason or need for him to have a Sanctuary space anymore. Which is great :)

So that leaves Little and Butterfly.

I think having Little as a priority is a good plan because he needs you most. He is currently still very full of hormones (but was neutered two weeks ago) so I'm not going to be able to bond him yet. Which means for another 4-6 weeks he is going to remain single.

Its wonderful you are having all your pairs staying together, and with that in mind, the longer Little is here the better :) In the unlucky event that you have a space for Little whilst he is still single, then we can go with that and I'll bring him down to you (if you're happy with that) whenever you want.

With regards to Butterfly, I do worry about him taking the space of a needier rabbit, but at the same time, if I'm thinking of Butterfly, if he goes to you then I know he has got a great home that will get all his needs met. I'm torn between being selfish for Butterfly and thinking rationally about who your Sanctuary is for.

If he is bonded with Little, then that's fine and they can both come together. If both are still single, then Little can come whenever you want, maybe with Butterfly at a later date if no one else trustworthy comes to light?

By the way, Little was identified as 'nervous' and 'unhandlable' but he has recently discovered he can burst out of his dog crate the second I open it and then follow me around the room whilst waiting for his food. :wave: Good luck with that!

Right I think I have got that.:lol:

Then I suggest the following as a possibility, Rehome Hay monster as he is fine, put feelers out for butterfly both with the rescue and with finding him a "normal" home.

If nothing comes up for him at a point where you think him and little can be bonded, then try bonding them. If it works then great they can come here together and if it doesn't you can keep searching for a home for Butterfly and see what comes up :) If the situation for him becomes desperate and another space does come up here which a needier bunny doesn't require then hopefully he can come here. But it is going to take ages for a space to come up for 2 single young bunnies as we have so few young female bunnies that are possibilities for him to go with as most of ours our elderly and/or terminally ill :(

Right I think I have got that.:lol:

Then I suggest the following as a possibility, Rehome Hay monster as he is fine, put feelers out for butterfly both with the rescue and with finding him a "normal" home.

If nothing comes up for him at a point where you think him and little can be bonded, then try bonding them. If it works then great they can come here together and if it doesn't you can keep searching for a home for Butterfly and see what comes up :) If the situation for him becomes desperate and another space does come up here which a needier bunny doesn't require then hopefully he can come here. But it is going to take ages for a space to come up for 2 single young bunnies as we have so few young female bunnies that are possibilities for him to go with as most of ours our elderly and/or terminally ill :(

That sounds good!

I understand how long it may take, and that's ok. We're comfortable here, they have space and all my bunnies have their normal space. I just can't afford the stuff the vet treatment they need long term, but currently the RSPCA will be paying for that, so that's ok.

I really would hope I can get them back together before you have a space.

They are a total pleasure to have here, they really are, so the longer they stay, as long as they aren't mine, the better I reckon. :lol:

If you're still looking for ladies there is a lady at the Rescue that I'm sure is struggling in some way (damp nose and turned aggressive) but the Rescue vet deems her healthy :( So if you were after a lady she might be appropriate, but I'm not sure how bondable she is. She was bonded to her sister but they separated them and she hasn't been successfully bonded since, but then she did also start her issues so I'm unsure why she was unbondable.

my situation :)

How it could affect B&G etc.

Nothing bad! Hay Monster looks stunning and sounds like a little Monkey!

We have been struggling with the same concerns. Giving a needy bun a new home versus messing with the status quo of our existing bonded pair. Its such a tough one. :?

Back