• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tetanus Jab!

The recomended guidelines are that you should have the full course of 5 omjections against Tetanus to develop full immunity. Normally these are given at 2, 3 and 4 months, then just prior to starting infant school and just prior to completing secondary school. Further injections are only given if someone has not had the full 5 injections or if an injury is particuarly deep and dirty. A Tetanus injection should be given within 2 days of injury.

That's really interesting, thanks - I shall cross 'get boosters' off my 'to do' list now as I guess I've had the whole course - not sure if they did it for babies 45yrs ago. Unfortunately my son refuses to go for his teenage booster and would need a straitjacket - he's convinced everything medical will give you MRSA :roll:

The recomended guidelines are that you should have the full course of 5 omjections against Tetanus to develop full immunity. Normally these are given at 2, 3 and 4 months, then just prior to starting infant school and just prior to completing secondary school. Further injections are only given if someone has not had the full 5 injections or if an injury is particuarly deep and dirty. A Tetanus injection should be given within 2 days of injury.

Well that just goes to show you how useless the info my nurse gave me was!

I didnt have ANY vaccs as a child but had a tetanus age 10 and 28, ohh does that mean 3 more.... thats mean I'll be having them til I'm nearly 60!:shock:

I need to ask my GP whether my kids' vaccinations are up to date. The vaccination plan over here is different to that in Germany, and they don't put in your booklet when the next jab is due. Got me all confused.

Back