• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tan is poorly

Thanks everyone. Tethra will be seven in February and last night was the first that he's ever spent alone :(

How heartbreaking for you. Sending you all the love I can. Noserubs for little Tethra, I hope he's doing okay.

Binky free, Tan. Reunited with Yan and Methra at the Bridge. xxx

Thanks everyone. Tethra will be seven in February and last night was the first that he's ever spent alone :(

I completely understand what you mean. It's just heartbreaking - we grieve for the rabbit we've lost and the now lonely one. xxx

You're still very much in my thoughts. How was Tethra in himself this morning?

Well Tethra is not a rabbit who enjoys human company. I spent some time with him in the shed yesterday evening and again a couple of times this morning. He seems to be acting as normal. It's very difficult to assess what's going on in his head. I can't believe he is not very confused and upset. Whilst he was always the odd one out in the Yan/Tan/Tethra relationship, he certainly managed to get and give a fair share of grooming and cuddling. Less so after Yan died, but that could have been because Tan herself was grieving inwardly. None of them have ever been the type of rabbits who played with anything. Their behaviour was very akin to wild rabbits and their interaction with each other was what occupied most of their day (apart from eating and sleeping) and so I am concerned for him. He clearly can't stay as he is, alone outside and with Winter coming on. It's not even the time of year for tasty piles of forage.

Thanks for everyone's kind words. It still feels very unreal to go from three rabbits to one in just a couple of months.

I wanted to share a last very special and precious memory of my beautiful girlie. I spent quite a while alone with Tan before I let her go. She was wrapped in a fleece blanket and on the examination table with me kneeling beside her, my head close to hers and speaking softly to her. She was very much still "with it", although mouth-breathing. After a little while she very deliberately lifted her front paw and placed it over the top of my hand which was resting on the table :love:

Back