• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Takumi "Little Bit" ~ September 2015 - 10/10/16

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
It seems absolutely inconceivable that you're gone, Little Bit. There were no signs of this coming. No signs that your life would be so fleeting. No signs that you were going to leave me, and the others too. I feel like I let you down, Little Bit. Even though I might not have been able to do anything to stop this, even if I had been more... aware... yesterday. Even if I hadn't just had a tooth out.

But death doesn't mean you're forgotten. Death doesn't mean I forget what you gave me in life.

You were such a charming wee man. A little reserved at first, but that was to be expected, given your background. I had to think of your name in a split second. You were 'mum's rabbit' (but not really), but I still had to name you. And Takumi did suit you, when I think of where I got it from. Little Bit suited you even more and everyone loved you. When you finally realised you had a family who loved you, of course you'd come out of your shell. You were bright, energetic, full of life, and full of love.

Even though River was so full of fear aggression, you helped to bring her round. You made her realise that maybe humans weren't so bad. You helped to ease her into a group with Athena and Apollo. She lets me touch her now. She lets me hold her now. And you, you were by her side always. You were always so friendly, so lovely, and so sweet. One of your favourite things to do with otherbuns was aggressive grooming. Cleaning ears inside out, pushing them over to the other side of the head and getting into every nook and cranny. You loved grooming both your girls in the past month or so. Even Apollo got a touch of your aggressive grooming in the short time you were a part of the quad. Your Rivergrace will be looked after and loved by Athena and Apollo. Your River will be looked after and loved by your humans, too.

Jumping into your hay rack to get the best of the hay was your great expertise. I lost count of the amount of times I just had to glance out of my bedroom window and would automatically know where to spot you. Eating hay, like a little pro. Even if River tried to jump in with you, and even if the hay rack was occupied, you'd still try to find your place in it. You loved hay. You practically inhaled it. And it was a joy to see you enjoy it so much. Other buns learned how to jump in the new hay racks in time, but you -- you were the first, and the best.

But you were a naughty wee man too. Humans were climbing frames to you. Jumping out and over the run was nothing to you. If there was tasty noms to get at, it was you who was always going to find them first. Even if that meant escaping. You were a little escape artiste. The one time you came across Selene, in spite of having just had the chop (and she had been neutered too), your first thought was to "do as rabbits do". I couldn't quite believe it, you naughty Little Bit.

You loved getting out of the hutch and sitting just in front of it, eating the grass most of all. Me, you and River. In the times when River was coming round to humans. That is the most special time for me.

Be fleet of foot, Little Bit. Wait at the Bridge for your rabbitty friends, and for me. I don't know why you had to leave me and so young as well, and I wish you hadn't. But please, never forget that you were loved.

xxx

P1070140_zpsy1p0adcn.jpg

P1060888_zpsfj2febpm.jpg

P1060900_zps603t3hld.jpg

P1070131_zpsspnpnglf.jpg

P1060620_zpsuizqjark.jpg

P1060549_zps0n9iayqv.jpg

P1060550_zpsystwmnpj.jpg

P1060477_zpsemaayh1c.jpg

Last edited:
A beautiful tribute, I'm so sorry Takumi had to leave so soon :cry:

Thinking of you xx

Sweet dreams to a special boy xxx

Oh Takumi - what a gorgeous wee face :love:

I am so sorry you had leave too soon - binky free beautiful xxxx

Oh I'm really so very sorry to see this :cry: It is so sad that he had to go so soon. He was beautiful. Sending lots of hugs for you.

A lovely tribute for a much loved bun. I'm sorry that you didn't get to spend more time together. Binky free little one x

Why do the most special have to leave us so quickly? :cry:
What a beautiful tribute to him. He was and still is so deeply loved and you can see how happy he looks in these pictures. Surely he is watching over you, and all his friends too, from the bridge.
Grieving with you and thinking of your lovely wee man. Sleep well and sweet dreams, Takumi-san. xxxx

Thank you, all. It's a complete shock and has really unnerved me. I was actually scared to go downstairs and see the rabbits this morning. Little Bit was completely fine Monday morning. I can't concerive that he's gone and so young. It's not fair. :(

I was updating Mum on the status of the rabbits today-

I accidentally said "Athena, River, Takumi" instead of "Athena, River, Apollo."

It still hurts. :(

Back