• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sweet Melissa

adele ,

i,m so sorry that melissa is gone and I feel for you and and your family and bunny :(
I,m sure that your mum collected melissa though and she will be with your mum until you meet again .

Oh Adele,
Melissa sounds like such a wonderful little bunny and you did so well to nurse her back to health, you and David are both stars.
Heres sending big hugs to you both and a special nose rub to Bunny.

Binky free little one.
Su.x

Adele, really sorry to hear about Melissa :( . She was obviously a very much loved bunny. That's a beautiful tribute to her and I really feel for you and Bunny. Sending lots of hugs :love:

adele i'm so sorry to hear about melissa, i hope you can take some comfort from knowing that by coming to live with you she had many more years, happy ones too, than she might otherwise have had

aaaaaawwwww what wonderful , kind messages you have all posted for us, thanks so very much :D
BUNNY has adjusted to Melissa not being around better than we have, and is eating for Britain..double portions of everything :wink:
BUNNY needs to put some weight on she is dreadfully thin after her abscess problems and now the poorly leg :?
BUNNY has enjoyed having nose rubs every hour, and has a large hall to herself, well almost to herself :!: Tamsin sent a cuddly toy Elephant from the Christmas rescues appeal, and BUNNY has been grooming our NELLIES trunk, so me thinks they have bonded :wink: :lol: :lol:
I am sure having seen BUNNY today , that she will be fine...BUNNY was on her own for a few years before MEL arrived as BUNNY had severe arthritis from a youngster..but I cured her of that through diet and hydro therapy in the bath :)
David is really cut up about MEL , she was one of his favourite girlies, he rarely cries but he has done tons the past day :(
We have chosen a special spot to bury Melissa, under a pretty rose shrub, as she spent many happy times sitting under that in the Summer with BUNNY.

Thanks once again for your unstinting support, we would not get through these times without your kindness.

Love Adele, David, a sad but content BUNNY, and all the other wabbits.
XX

Just caught up with this Adele. So sorry to hear that Melissa has finally passed. :(

She had a wonderful extended life thanks to you both, and she ended it peacefully with you. Thinking of you both during the loss of such a special bun, but glad to hear that BUNNY is coping ok.

Take care both.

Glad to hear that Bunny is coping OK.
And that she is eating well.
I am glad she has a new cuddly pal. And one that will not stomp on her.

Binky free sweet Melissa.

hazelbuny said:
Adele and David,

We are so sorry to hear about Melissa. :cry:

Binky free little bunny.

aaaawwwww thanks so much , we appreciate your postings very much indeed.(thanks also to Tree, Jeremy & Caroline and Michele for your messages :) ).
We are slowly coming to terms with our loss, and are burying Melissa under her favourite rose bush in the Sanctuary grounds.
Melissa loved sitting under the shrub in the Summer with BUNNY :D

Sorry Adele, I missed this post earlier.

We were sorry to hear of your loss, we are thinking of you xxxxx

Adele, I am so sorry to hear about melissa, I have only just caught up as my head as been all over the place with Mr Thumps going so quick. Take care and loads of hugs
Kayxx

To Melissa, you passed away on the same day as Mr Thumps so I am just glad he as got somebody going with him to the bridge. He will look after you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So many buns going there together, perhaps all led there by Adele's Mum She would certainly see that they all got safely to the Bridge together.

And all new frinds together, just as their Mums are friends too.
They can sit in the sun and the lovely long lush grass, and tal about about who had the best Mum and Dad till it is time for you to go and get them.
You are all the best Mums and Dads so nobody can win.
You each loved your Bun in your own very special way, and you all had to make difficult decisions to let them go.
You each hold memories of them in your hearts that will never go away.
And you all have such huge hearts that you will give that love to another Bun in need as well. Adn that is what you Bun would want. They would want you to help others like them.
Huge huge hearts filled with all your love for each and everyone ofyour speical Buns over the years.

Michele, that's so lovely, I am in floods of tears, I bet everybody who has lost a bun is as well! I can't wait to see my beautiful buns again when I go up there.

Melissa could not have wished for a better life with you and David. she had such a happy life with you and when her time came she was with the ones she loved most. Her last memories will be of you cuddling her and giving her so much love.

Angelbunny.jpg

Back