• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sweet, gentle little Ivy

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I haven't written Rainbow Bridge for a while (sorry, Binky and Anarchy, your losses were felt deeply, I just couldn't face the sentimental task of writing a tribute, but you were 'honoured' in threads at the time.)

So, Ivy, I found her two months ago and deemed her to be the perfect girl for Olly. She was sneezing from the minute she arrived so has been on nose drops and Septrin .. she was so, so good with the nose drops, I'd just lift her onto my knee and a drop each nostril then a cuddle (which was tolerated) then back home. She quickly got to know she would get raspberry leaves as a thank you for being good so immediately began begging on her return home. (What am I going to do with all these raspberry leaves now, Ivy?)

Ivy went to the bridge yesterday morning, before I properly got to know her, and sadly before Olly got to know her.

So very sorry you're gone, my sneezy little Nethie, it would have taken a lot more time to fully earn your trust and I was enjoying the journey. I'm so glad our paths crossed, albeit for much shorter time than I expected.

Last edited:
Oh BB, I am so very sorry :cry::cry::cry: What a beauty she was. I'm sorry you did not have more time together, but certainly it sounds like she seemed to treasure what you did get to spend with her.

Sweet dreams, wee Ivy. Sleep well at the Rainbow. xxxx

I was devastated for you when you messaged my about Ivy yesterday. What a great shame that you did not have a chance to really get to know her

Binky Free Ivy xx

Oh I'm so sorry you lost her. Love isn't felt in proportion to the time you spent together. I'm sure her last couple of months with you were especially special. (Especially if she was getting all the raspberry leaves!)

Binky free, pretty Ivy. xxx

I'm so sorry Alison. Just so sad that her time was cut so short. She was such a pretty girl.

Thanks all for your posts and support, it means a lot.

The shock is wearing off now and I've cancelled her insurance. :cry:

I just can't believe she's gone after just 8.5 weeks here.:cry:

I'm so sorry Bunny Buddy :cry:

She really was a beautiful bunny. It's so sad she was taken so soon when she would have had such a wonderful life with you an Olly. It just seems so unfair :(

Run free at the bridge Ivy xx

Back