• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stuck about a bunny UD: post 20!

Aww, he is lovely and I'm sure he will soon look as relaxed and happy as your other bunnies do! I've just read through the thread and am very pleased you've managed to offer him a home, I think I would have felt the same. So congratulations on your new addition to the family!

How exciting for you. Its lovely to hear Jake has a loving home - you have to follow your heart, sometimes its just meant to be. He is very handsome!! Your other 2 look distraught though, lol:lol: Keep us updated

Thank you for all the advice. Sorry beano is a girl, sorry for any confusion there! :oops: :lol: I think my bf is more set on him than me, well my heart is set on him too but I have more concern about beano and Gordon than him as he's never kept rabbits before.

To be honest I worry less about him upsetting a male/female partnership than a male/male :D

I think you've totally done the right thing in getting him :love:

Thank you, he's a sweetie :love: Seems to love his hay, including burying his head in it and digging in it :lol: He's still quite shy, but inquisitive of us so he'll come out of his shell in time.

Will ring the two nearest vets4pets tomorrow and see if I can use the vaccine and neuter vouchers, couldn't find anything on their website about whether they're participating stores or not. Then will book an appointment for vaccine first and whilst I'm there get one for his neuter.

Awww he looks like a proper cutie! Personally, I would advise getting him neutered before vaccinating. In normal circumstances I would always vaccinate first, but as you have other bunnies I would get those plums whipped off as soon as possible, as the longer they stay there, there stronger his smell will get in your house and the more likely it is to trigger fighting between your two - I have seen it before on many occasions and it can lead to absolute havoc and injuries between a previously happy bonded pair. It's only a small op so he could then be vaccinated a couple of weeks later. It's not ideal as obviously the longer he's unvaccinated, the more risk there is of him contracting myxo, but on balance I'd think the other risk is greater. If only we could foresee the future!

Good luck with your new addition whatever you decide :)

Thank you for the advice, I will book a neuter first! I wasn't sure about it but thought I should go with vaccs first as usually that's what I would do but in the circumstances you're right neuter is priority with him being indoors too and I don't live near wild buns vaccs should be OK later

I'm so pleased for you all, especially for Jake. I would have followed my heart too! I've recently adopted two bunnies. They had only been used for breeding...Heather aged about 3yrs and Rosie aged about 2yrs. They went into rspca with 28 other bunnies and guinea pigs. They were all sick and my poor Heather was pregnant. I had to wait a good 8 weeks for both my girls. I was told I could take Rosie as they'd had her vaccinated, chipped and spayed. But, how could I leave Heather who was thought to be her mum? So I left them both and visited once a week until they could both come home. They live in the garden now in a lovely heated hutch and my other two live in the garden too. Each couple shares "out" time and run around and sniff at each other through the wires. The initial nervousness is calming down and the eating everything before they come out has stopped. They're happy to come out and leave a dish of food. I am so glad I brought them home I would never have stopped thinking about them. GOOD LUCK WITH JAKE AND YOUR OTHER TWO.

I'm so pleased for you all, especially for Jake. I would have followed my heart too! I've recently adopted two bunnies. They had only been used for breeding...Heather aged about 3yrs and Rosie aged about 2yrs. They went into rspca with 28 other bunnies and guinea pigs. They were all sick and my poor Heather was pregnant. I had to wait a good 8 weeks for both my girls. I was told I could take Rosie as they'd had her vaccinated, chipped and spayed. But, how could I leave Heather who was thought to be her mum? So I left them both and visited once a week until they could both come home. They live in the garden now in a lovely heated hutch and my other two live in the garden too. Each couple shares "out" time and run around and sniff at each other through the wires. The initial nervousness is calming down and the eating everything before they come out has stopped. They're happy to come out and leave a dish of food. I am so glad I brought them home I would never have stopped thinking about them. GOOD LUCK WITH JAKE AND YOUR OTHER TWO.

Aw, what a lovely story. Congratulations with your new additions, I'm sure they're very lucky you waited for them. Thank you, Jake has just done his first binky here, well set of binkys! :love:

Thats great news you have given him a home. I saw two beautiful black bunnies in the adoption part of P@H at the weekend. Not sure on the breed but they were really big in a tiny space. Felt so sorry for them. Wouldn't surprise me if someone took them in for getting too big and not being able to afford them.

Back