• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Struggling with loss of beloved bunny

Helen1981

Young Bun
We lost Sweep last week, but I have honestly struggled every day since. Just sobbing every day and unable to think of anything else. Such terrible physical pain. I know it is a normal part of grief, but I worry it will never get better.

It's only been a week, so everything will still feel very raw, be kind to yourself you will get through. Sending hugs xx

I think you'll always miss him but in time your grief won't feel so overwhelming. Its a big loss so it is early days. You'll get there

He was such a vibrant, energetic and happy bunny. Always running around the garden at high speed, and always by my side. There will never be one like him, and everywhere feels so empty x

I am so sorry that you lost Sweep last week. I followed the posts but I apologize for not adding my thoughts at that time. It takes a depth of courage - that many of us on the forum know only too well, to open up and expose our raw emotions. It is something very personal but you feel able to share how you feel which shows a depth of trust. There is no timeline for how one grieves the loss of a special pet, who is a member of your family. All loss is tragic no matter what the cause and everyone here knows the feeling and we have all shared our own emotions when we have lost our special companions. Some people can move on quickly, others it takes time. For some it can be along time, for some the pain and grief stays, but we suppress that feeling as best we can. But it is also very right that you allow yourself to feel those things, to cry, to be upset. Its normal, but at the time it doesn't feel normal because everything else carries on. You gave sweep the very best care and Sweep will have felt the love and care from you. Sweep will always be a special part of you and unfortunately the price that we pay for the care and love we give is that a piece of our hearts goes with our loved ones we lose. It will take time to move on, because you are a caring person. And everyone here will support how you feel.
Sending you huge hugs - I know how much the loss hurts.
Craig x

I am so sorry that you lost Sweep last week. I followed the posts but I apologize for not adding my thoughts at that time. It takes a depth of courage - that many of us on the forum know only too well, to open up and expose our raw emotions. It is something very personal but you feel able to share how you feel which shows a depth of trust. There is no timeline for how one grieves the loss of a special pet, who is a member of your family. All loss is tragic no matter what the cause and everyone here knows the feeling and we have all shared our own emotions when we have lost our special companions. Some people can move on quickly, others it takes time. For some it can be along time, for some the pain and grief stays, but we suppress that feeling as best we can. But it is also very right that you allow yourself to feel those things, to cry, to be upset. Its normal, but at the time it doesn't feel normal because everything else carries on. You gave sweep the very best care and Sweep will have felt the love and care from you. Sweep will always be a special part of you and unfortunately the price that we pay for the care and love we give is that a piece of our hearts goes with our loved ones we lose. It will take time to move on, because you are a caring person. And everyone here will support how you feel.
Sending you huge hugs - I know how much the loss hurts.
Craig x
Thank you so much Craig for your kind words. It means a lot to know that there are such kind people on here, who know exactly how it feels to lose a much loved member of the family. Sweep was so loved, and he made me laugh out loud every single day, come what may. That’s how special he was and will always be x

I haven't been around the Forum much lately, but am so sorry you have lost Sweep. I still think of my late bunny, Spenser Milton, every day. Grief is a very personal thing, so be kind to yourself. Maybe it might help a little to think of happier memories of Sweep. Don't push yourself to feel better, it will happen in time and it's good you feel able to reach out to bunny people who can understand how you feel. Bertie and I send our love and condolences. xx

I haven't been around the Forum much lately, but am so sorry you have lost Sweep. I still think of my late bunny, Spenser Milton, every day. Grief is a very personal thing, so be kind to yourself. Maybe it might help a little to think of happier memories of Sweep. Don't push yourself to feel better, it will happen in time and it's good you feel able to reach out to bunny people who can understand how you feel. Bertie and I send our love and condolences. xx
Thank you so much, I appreciate it. I try to think of all of our happy times together, as he made me laugh out loud every day. He was the most happiest and most energetic little bunny I have ever known. But at the moment I think of those things and all I can feel is a great amount of pain. It never occurred to me that we would lose him, and everywhere feels so empty 😥

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. I try to think of all of our happy times together, as he made me laugh out loud every day. He was the most happiest and most energetic little bunny I have ever known. But at the moment I think of those things and all I can feel is a great amount of pain. It never occurred to me that we would lose him, and everywhere feels so empty 😥
I can identify with the empty feeling. I only had one bunny so really struggled to cope without a furry friend in the house. I have my wee Bertie now who joins me in sending love to you. x

Back