• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stop wasting my time

honeybunny said:
just thought....a way that might help Eve...if I'm doing the check myself..I try to find out as much aspossible on the phone..then I take a couple of buns with me that I think will be suitable ..then if the checks ok they adopt then and there....if not I bring buns back....might stop this happening to you

I DONT TRANSPORT RABBITS TO H/V AIMLESSLY, I ALWAYS INVITE THEM BACK AFTER A HOME CHECK AS BEEN APROVED to bring their bunny for bonding, i do the bonding here i dont adopt rabbits out to be single which is what can happen with leaving the bonding in the hands of the adoptor

I know it must be very annoying but I suppose its better they change there mind BEFORE they get the Rabbit rather then after.

Louise

ellepotter said:
I know it must be very annoying but I suppose its better they change there mind BEFORE they get the Rabbit rather then after.

Louise

i totally agree :D BUT if they are not sure then its VERY RUDE to pretend they are after i have already spent aprrox 1.5 hours on going over everything, to then turn round still requesting a h/v which is approved :shock: then not to bother an even worse not say they are not bothering anymore! :twisted: :twisted:

Ok please don't take this the wrong way, but could you be intimidating them and they're scared to come back.

SOAD said:
Ok please don't take this the wrong way, but could you be intimidating them and they're scared to come back.

:? :? :? OUR ELSE COULD I TAKE A COMPENT LIKE THAT! :roll: :roll:

hmmm yes Eve I must say you get very irrate sometimes over little things, maybe you scare people just a little bit or do you act differently around them?

bunnylove said:
SOAD said:

:? :? :? OUR ELSE COULD I TAKE A COMPENT LIKE THAT! :roll: :roll:

No I'm only saying because I was well wary of Lucy when I first got in touch with her, in fact check out old post, you do take things wrong.

You know what...I think I should get one of you rescues to come out and homecheck me :?

I'm sure most of you could find something wrong with my enclosure, especially as its piled with hutches while we refit the shed :? :oops: :roll:

Would be useful to now what I could improve :?

Something else I have noticed is Eve has very strong opinions (which isn't always a bad thing :wink: ) Sometimes even her posts scare me a bit and I'm not easily scared :oops:

I just guess wasted homechecks are going to be something that needs to be taken into consideration when you run a rescue, especially when you have as many as Eve does :?

Gem said:
You know what...I think I should get one of you rescues to come out and homecheck me :?

I'm sure most of you could find something wrong with my enclosure, especially as its piled with hutches while we refit the shed :? :oops: :roll:

????????????

What is the process the potential adopters go through? You do the home visit, then I assume you get in touch to tell them whether it's a yay or a nay? What happens next, do you arrange a time there and then on the phone for them to come over, or do you leave it for them to get in touch.

Have these people specifically said they don't want to go through with it (and if so, what reason was given), or have they just failed to contact you to set things up?

One consideration is that if you won't let people reserve buns before a homecheck, has it been the case that the particular rabbit(s) of interest is no longer available? I wouldn't be very happy as a potential adopter to have a homecheck without knowing if at the end of it I'd be able to adopt the bun that I wanted.

In fairness to Eve, she's an absolute pussycat in the flesh :lol: :lol: Plus if people have already visited before the homecheck, they know what to expect and you'd have thought they would just back off at that point if that was the problem :?

Maybe us Essex types are just fickle :lol:

SOAD said:
No I'm only saying because I was well wary of Lucy when I first got in touch with her, in fact check out old post, you do take things wrong.

Is that Lucy from RSPCA Wallsall? That's who I went to see to get Treacle!! :D

Yeah, Eve, you really scared me each time I met you :lol: :lol: :lol: :?
You should charge them for petrol to do the home check!!!!
I think you've probably just had a bad run of luck. Can you get one or two other people to share the home checking with you so you aren't having so much of your time wasted?

I think the problem is things like this go with the territory when you run a rescue...you have to learn to put up with them....sad as it is :(

KerinTravis said:
SOAD said:

Yeah did yo find her a bit scary at first :eek: :lol:. I must say she's not, she's lovely, but I didn't know how to take her at the beggining

SOAD said:
KerinTravis said:
SOAD said:

Yeah did yo find her a bit scary at first :eek: :lol:. I must say she's not, she's lovely, but I didn't know how to take her at the beggining

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well I did a little in her e-mails at first, then they couldn't get a homecheck done as my local RSPCA inspector had his car nicked, so she called me to find out my set up etc. But when I actually went to her house to get Treacle and met her, she was lovely and has a lovely family too. :D :D

Back