• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stinky Bunnies

Do you think that Carlo scatters his poop around for a reason? because he does go in the tray, but he seems to need to poop all over the room as well

I sometimes sweep up with them in the room, do you think he is marking his pad?

Certainly sounds like it but it is in my experience it's unusual behaviour for a neutered bun. Do you have any new air freshners in the house which could make everything seem different to him and hence unsettling him?

:
Certainly sounds like it but it is in my experience it's unusual behaviour for a neutered bun. Do you have any new air freshners in the house which could make everything seem different to him and hence unsettling him?

he has been this way since I got him from the rescue back in April, :? He has been vet checked, but he will literally poop everywhere in the room, and his tray.:?

I don't use airfreshener :?

Echo tends to poop around the room a little bit, but he wasn't neutered until 2-3 years old, so I think it's a habit.
Maisey is a nightmare with toileting - she poops EVERYWHERE, and seems to think that litter trays are digging boxes!!
I don't so much empty the litter tray, as just pick it up and wash it, then sweep up ALL the litter from the room floor!!

But she gives the most amazing trouser groomings so I can't help but forgive her! :love::love:

do you feed excell pellets, ?

ive found its the wee that smells, if poo smells i do a health check,

though i find old age, certain fruit and veg causes certain strong ammonia smells i use vinegar too to clean the pet cleaners ive found are rubbish

as for litter training buns are funny things doc and beth always usedtrays in my old house when i move doc wees in every corners and poops everywhere, ive figured as its the most traffic area in the flat its where the most new smells are, but thats just athought with mine

Echo tends to poop around the room a little bit, but he wasn't neutered until 2-3 years old, so I think it's a habit.
Maisey is a nightmare with toileting - she poops EVERYWHERE, and seems to think that litter trays are digging boxes!!
I don't so much empty the litter tray, as just pick it up and wash it, then sweep up ALL the litter from the room floor!!

But she gives the most amazing trouser groomings so I can't help but forgive her! :love::love:

:lol::lol: Aw Maizey bless:love:

Yeah i'm not sure if Carlo has always been this way as he was a rescue from Honeybunnys :?

I mean it doesn't matter too much I just sweep the room up, his poops are MASSIVE so I know its him. Just wondered whether it was something I was doing wrong

do you feed excell pellets, ?

ive found its the wee that smells, if poo smells i do a health check,

though i find old age, certain fruit and veg causes certain strong ammonia smells i use vinegar too to clean the pet cleaners ive found are rubbish

Yes we feed excel as Bobby doesn't like SS :roll:

But no the poop isn't smelly at all, they have very healthy gold poops as I get some awesome hay for them. Just the wee wee's :D

the poop is just messy, I reckon Carlo is still living like a bachelor :lol:

Yeah mine did this and still do outside each others hutches :roll:
Belle sneaked in this morning from the garden and left a trail all aroung pearls crate :roll:

Yeah mine did this and still do outside each others hutches :roll:
Belle sneaked in this morning from the garden and left a trail all aroung pearls crate :roll:

Yeah carlo seem sto do it around the litter trays and they have an old four ft hutch which they have as a den and toilet, there is always a poop trail going round that too.. little tramp :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:
Lucy is the worst here and her poos are huge,you can literally hear every one drop :lol:
Imagine my living room with five of em in here and it's not the biggest of room s :oops:

:lol::lol:
Lucy is the worst here and her poos are huge,you can literally hear every one drop :lol:
Imagine my living room with five of em in here and it's not the biggest of room s :oops:

Oh God I bet thats a right nightmare, Carlo still hasn't tackled the coming downstairs thing, he doesn't like the laminate, so if I want him to have a roam I have to cover my floor with blankets and towels so he can come spend time down there. he poops EVERYWHERE:shock::shock: I always stand in them with bare feet too ew:shock:

I was recomeended hutch hempcore and it works a treat for odor :D

I have just started to use hemcore and it's wonderful at keeping whiffs away and as a bonus its sprayed with citronella oil to keep the flies off too. Don't worry, it won't harm bunny if he eats it. You can buy hemcore at any horsey feed/bedding shop :wave:

I have just started to use hemcore and it's wonderful at keeping whiffs away and as a bonus its sprayed with citronella oil to keep the flies off too. Don't worry, it won't harm bunny if he eats it. You can buy hemcore at any horsey feed/bedding shop :wave:

Thanks will defo keep a look out for that x

Back