• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starbuck Could Use Some Vibes, please U/D Question p25

Poor Starbuck I hope he's feeling better by this morning! Sending lots of nomming vibes! I hate it when they randomly stop eating! I swear by the power of parsley wafted all over their noses! Several times theyve got so annoyed theyve bitten at it and then decided to eat it! Also if the vet has seen him and said there is no blockage has he been syringe fed some food? Just a thought is his weepy eye related to teeth?!

Thank you for all the vibes for Starbuck and for asking after him today. I think the famous RU vibes are working as there is an improvement today.

He has spent most of the day in his litter tray again but did eat some pellets and hay this morning, he also took two fenugreek crunchies from me, and he took his Zantac, V8 juice and syringe feeds without too much fuss today. We put plenty of different types of hay and dried leaves out for him last night and today and most seem to have gone (although that could be Muesli).

We have just bought some evening pellets up for him and he came running over to greet us which I take as a great sign, and he nibbled a bit at some pellets. He seemed to be eating them much slower than Muesli and after a few mouthfuls had had enough and went back to the litter tray, so we put some pellets near him there and he is munching his way through those as we speak.

So hopefully he is on the mend, but not quite there yet. He hasn't done anywhere near as many poos as normal but there are some very small ones in the litter trays.

ETA: Forgot to say, that Starbuck is a dental bunny, and he often has to have his tear ducts flushed, its possible he will need these doing once we are sure the infection has cleared. He had his teeth checked though and they are fine at the moment.

Last edited:
Starbuck has eaten more pellets this evening, and had his meds, he has also eaten a good amount of celery (his fave) and some herbs. He is not eating as much as he would normally do, but he is starting to move around and look more lively.

So just a couple of quick questions, how long do we continue the Zantac for? It doesnt say on the bottle. He's had all his doses for today and we will give him some tomorrow, but do we stop once he seems 100% back to his normal self? Also how long do you give Fibreplex for? We haven't used it before but the label says until he is eating again so should we stop that now?

Only just seen this - I hope Starbuck continues to improve and is back to himself soon. :love:

edit: check this with a vet, but I THINK the fibreplex is a 'food' fibre supplement with probiotics, rather than an actual medicine as such, so you wouldnt do any harm by continuing if his gut is still slow. But like I said I'm not certain as I'm not a vet. When I was given it for Barney I was told 3 days, but I think that was just because there was 3 days worth in the tube for him.

Last edited:
So pleased Starbuck is feeling better.

Tear duct flushes are a wonder. After months of Babydarling being poorly, a tear duct flush was nearly like a miracle.

Fibreplex is one of the few things I have used. The bunnies loved it when they were not themselves. I used to use up the whole tube.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along soon but it's good there's some improvement. Hope he's better still overnight! :wave:

ETA I'd definitely keep going with the zantac /fibreplex at least until his appetite is back to norml and prob 24 hourse beyond, but that's really just a guess..

Thanks everyone for the advice about the Zantac/Fibreplex. We will continue to use the Fibreplex until it runs out and keep going with the Zantac until he is fully 100% back to his usual self. I think thats what my instinct was telling me, but sometimes when you are in the midst of things you can't think clearly! So thanks for that.

Starbuck seems a lot better again this morning. My husband fed him before I got up but he says that he ate some pellets again this morning and took all his meds like a good boy. When I popped in to see them he was sat in the litter tray in comfy position eating lots of hay, so he seems to be getting there.

The power of RU vibes - thank you! :love:

Back