• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stanley- U/D 25th August- Very Slowly Getting Better :-)

just caught up with this thread Jane and hope Stanley is making progress..
I've not come across that product so have no views on it..buit if buns are reacting badly to it the manufacturers need to know.
Thinking of you Jane and Stanley x

Can I ask if anyone else has had a problem with feeding the Rosewood Dried Dandelion Mix ? This is the third Rabbit to become poorly 12 hours after feeding a small amount of it.
I have now thrown the mix away...........

Is there a list of ingredients on the packet?

I wonder if the mix is being stored poorly before being packed, eg if some sort of fungal spores is getting into it. I seem to recall that last autumn (?) there was a question over a supplier of hay whose products were being contaminated in this or a similar way. The supplier was never named but I think various people knew who it was but weren't saying. Could this be a similar case?

Yep, that's the one. The two other Bun's effected, Danny and Fred, have health 'issues' so I put their stasis down to the other problems they have. But AFAIK Stanley has no chronic health problems. He had a tiny amount of the DD last night and now he is one very sick Rabbit

:cry:

I'm so sorry, vibes to Stanley. As Jill just said is it worth retrieving the stuff and contacting the manufacturer about it with your suspicions? Maybe they would test it for spores or something. Maybe there is a batch that have been affected.

I'm thinking of you and Stanley, so hoping he'll pull through x x x

Is there a list of ingredients on the packet?

I wonder if the mix is being stored poorly before being packed, eg if some sort of fungal spores is getting into it. I seem to recall that last autumn (?) there was a question over a supplier of hay whose products were being contaminated in this or a similar way. The supplier was never named but I think various people knew who it was but weren't saying. Could this be a similar case?

Thats what I am thinking. I know the name of the company involved last year and it was not Rosewood.

If Stanley dies it'll feel like I killed him :cry::cry: I should've binned the bloody stuff after Fred and Danny had GI trouble, but I honestly thought that was due to other health issues they have.

Stanley remains on the appropriate medication, a drip and a heat pad. So far he has not shown any signs of improvement.

:cry:

Ive only just caught up with this.I'm so sorry Jane,please don't blame your self.You bought the stuff in good faith.Can you have the mix analysed to see if its polluted/contaminated?Sending healing vibes to Stanley

We have a few gut sounds !!
Still no poo and he isnt eating but there is definately some sign of movement in his GI tract.
It's going to be a long night........

aww glad a slight improvement vibes for poos and eating.... dont blame yourself jane it isnt your fault going to keep an eye out for this...could it be possible that where the company is sourceing its dandilions and other ingrediants from that it is polouted bypesticides or other nasty? oh come on stanley start eating and pooping for mummy...vibes your way guys x

Back