• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Sprüngli: very boisterous and human-centred female bunny seeking forever home [Essex]

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
Lacking mischief in your life? Feeling deprived of an attention-seeking furry who demands ALL of your attention? Then look no further than Sprüngli.

IMG_6327_zpskux8hmex.jpg

IMG_6319_zpsl4dqekoz.jpg

Sprüngli is a bunny with a massive personality. She was born here in March 2015 to a rescue bunny who arrived the day before she gave birth! She had four daughters of which Sprüngli is one of them. Ever since she came out the nest she has been a bit of an attention seeker, she's very possessive of your time and attention and hates it when she's not the centre of your world. For this reason I separated her from her sister Lindt who she had been living with, because Lindt was getting bullied and unhappy.

Sprüngli has always been a bit of a nutter, so will need a very special home where she will get lots of attention. She is very human-orientated and extremely demanding, which makes her an entertaining and interactive little companion. She seems to think that humans exist for the sole purposes of feeding her (obviously) and providing her with a body-temperature climbing frame. As soon as you sit down with her she will jump on your lap and clamber all over you, and if you stupidly bend over with your back to her, she'll have jumped on your back before you know it. She binkies whenever she sees someone coming, and loves to sit next to you and groom you, scrabble at your trousers...but she expects the same attention in return. One time several months ago I dared to just sit and read a book in her enclosure and she took a massive chunk out of the book in a tantrum that I wasn't paying her my full attention. Being Sprüngli's mum or dad will be a bit like having an attention-seeking toddler in your household. She gets bored extremely easily and will need a large range of toys and environmental enrichment that changes regularly to keep her occupied. She's a tidy girl, using just one place in one litter tray to do all her poop, and is in great health.

With this delight comes challenges. Sprüngli is extremely dominant and has not taken kindly to offers of companions thus far. I genuinely have no idea what sort of bunny Sprüngli might bond with, as she is much more human-centric than bunny-centric. I'd be happy to give it a go, as I'm sure there must be somebun out there for her somewhere, but I don't think she will be an easy bond or a bunny for an inexperienced home. Exceptionally, I *might* be prepared to let her go to a solo housebunny home if her living accommodation will be in a place in the hub of the household and if the owner is home a lot of the time - and likely to have similar circumstances that will allow this for a number of years - to give her lots of attention. She does get under your feet a lot so is probably not suitable for a home where there are people with mobility problems or young children.

Sprüngli will need a lot of space, interaction and toys to help direct her energy. As a minimum I ask for around 60 square feet of permanently accessible space. If she’s going to be outdoors with a companion, this is the equivalent of a 6*2 hutch with a 6*8 run/aviary permanently attached, or a 6*8 shed with a large shelf or raised hutch, for example. Sprüngli likes to climb so a shed/aviary with some height to it would be ideal so that she can clamber up onto shelves and platforms and look out at the world from high up. For their own safety, I do not rehome rabbits where free ranging is the main or only form of exercise or where there is unsupervised free ranging. If she is going to be a house bunny she will need a completely rabbit-proofed area with a large enclosure to keep her secure and safe when she’s not being supervised. I might have mentioned that she’s a particularly boisterous little bean, so her enclosure would need to have a roof and relatively small bars so that she can’t get herself stuck.

I do homecheck and I don't like bunnies to travel long distances for their forever home, but please do get in touch if you're within a reasonable distance of Essex and would be interested in offering Sprüngli her forever home. She's been here over a year now and it's such a shame that she hasn't had any interest as she's the most amazing bunny. I'd keep her if I could, but I don't have the time to give her the level of 1-1 attention that she needs :love:

Last edited:
What a beauty! :love: And once again I am wishing I lived in the UK! :(
I hope she finds that special person who can give her that one on one. Looks like she will be an amazing companion for the right hoomin! :love:

Good luck, Sprüngli!:) xxxx

What an awesome bunny.
I wish I could take her, but unfortunately I am maxed out.

Hope she finds a loving forever home soon.

I have a very human centered bunny here as well, who gets depressed and stops eating if she does not get the attention and love she craves.

Would you like to foster her Sarah? I'm sure you'd be failed fosterers in no time ;-)

Winning the lottery isn't a compulsory homecheck condition ;) At least come and meet her ;)

Winning the lottery isn't a compulsory homecheck condition ;) At least come and meet her ;)

:lol:

She'd have nowhere to live. House isn't big enough for the little sweetie - we'd need a bunny room as well as a piggy one. Never let it be said that I live in a barn...

She sounds amazing! A perfect house bunny for someone that work from home / is retired? I do love a demanding bun

She sounds amazing. She's like the dream house bun by the sounds of her and it's lovely that she's so into her humans.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness I remember seeing her when I was looking for my bunnies in September! I thought she sounded like great fun then and I still think so now!

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Back