• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sponsorship pack

I keep meaning to set up sponsorship thingys for our oldies, but never get the chance to get around to it :? , although saying that it wouldn't work out worth while if you're getting custom keyrings etc made, oh well back to the drawing broad :(

My sister sponsered a horse at a horse rescue for me last christmas [a bit funny as she's the 'horsey' person, I'm a bit scared of them] and that had a story abotu its background written as if the pony wrote it and what it likes to do with its time and a photo of it.

I don't think there should be free gifts as they cost money :) I suppose you could get one of those kiddies badge making machines and make a badge for each, that'd be fairly cheap.

I sponsored a bun last year, I was sent a back story of the bun and pictures of her, also a lovely little fridge magnet. Then 6 months later (it was a 12 month sponsorship) I was sent an update about how she was doing and a little keyring with a new picture of her :D

My hubby bought me a sponsorship of a tiger at West Midlands Safari Park last year too, I recieved a very detailed story about her, free entry so I could go see her and a limited edition painting of her too. This is the white tiger who gave birth recently :D

i dont think people expect all the fancy stuff like keyrings from small house run rescues, its places like the ndcl/rspca who must have somesort of deal set up to be able to do the update letters and send keyrings to entice people into parting with cash... such a selfish race we are, even to give to charity we expect a gift in return :evil:

even as an xmas prezzie i think a photo (even just a jpeg thro email) is plenty

i dont expect updates either as i know how busy people are with it being alongside full time employment..

it gives me great pleasure to know that as long as i can afford it and aslong as loki needs his special care its one less bun for the rescue to worry about finding funds for... and hes one of the residents as its a sanctuary as well as a rehoming rescue so ill never hear hes been rehomed :( just the dreaded bridge update ill bet :cry:

My sponsorship pack is a bit of history of the rescue and my bunny (Sooty), as well as the stories of the other bunnies that you can sponsor (a good ploy I think ;) ), photo of my Bun, and certificate of sponsorship.
I also got a birthday card from the rescue, Sooty and a few other of my fave. buns last week, which was really thoughtful :D I think my OH gets one as well.

I'm really pleased with the pack, but would have been equally as pleased with a photo and a bit of info on Sooty :D

such a selfish race we are, even to give to charity we expect a gift in return :evil:

I didn't sponser her to get a gift, I would have sponsored her anyway, I didn't know what to expect, I'd have been happy with an email of her story and a pic :D

I don't think it's about gifts etc (keyrings etc are nice, but all extra cost to the rescue) - it's about updates and information (and preferably a couple of photos). The person who has sponsored the animal just wants to know how they are getting on and what they are like.

I didn't sponser her to get a gift, I would have sponsored her anyway, I didn't know what to expect, I'd have been happy with an email of her story and a pic :D

yeah i know but we all like free stuff im a demon for it, and yup im dead selfish :lol: :lol: :lol: i loved the stuff the ncdl gave me and i was only giving them a couple of quid a month... shocking really how they have to catch our attention so we will part with cash... and they still send me a magazine i really must re-join now we gots two incomes again :oops: :oops: :oops:

Perhaps it depends on your market? If it's children who are sponsoring (or the sponsorship being for them) they I think thinks like keyrings etc can be good! For adults it's prob more about information, so updates every 3 months of something - but I personally would be just as happy with this over email :D

I guess the important thing is the work out how much you are going to charge and then what % you want to spend of this on the "gift" element!

As you say different levels of sponsorship could be good as well - Gold - Silver - Bronze etc! But that would start to get more complicated and time consuming to organise!

I also like the idea of "sponsor a hutch" as opposed to a bunny :D

I was thinking about this a while ago and came up with the following list:

Keyring - 60p (you can buy make you own ones off of ebay and they just a simple home printer will do the rest!)
Photo - 40p ? depending on size?
Information (specific to bunny and general to rescue) - Free (ish)
Postage - 48p?
Updates by email - Free
Total = £1.50 ish!

Extras could be Birthday Card (with photos of bunny) = £1 (incl postage) (home printed from inkjet cards you can buy from WHsmiths ect).

Xmas cards as above!

Calendar (£4.5)/ year chart (80p) - all including postage!

I'm not saying you should charge for each any of these things or anything, I've just spend some thing thinking about stuff like this when I was doing the calendars etc!

Not sure the costs are 100% accurate as I'm at work and can't remember the specifics!

Sorry I've gone on a bit there! Might have deviated from the point :oops:

If anyone needs a hand in organising sponsorship packs - printing and posting etc, let me know :D If it can be done from a distance of course as I don't live that near to any of the rescues on here!

Hannah

Maybe if the rescue has a website the updates for each bunny can be posted on there and the sponsors emailed with a link to the updated page :D Like a blog.

A photo is nice, but I think most people don't want much more than that because they wouldn't want the money "wasted"... maybe a nice leaflet on the rescue itself, or a card once a year from the bunny :D

Back