• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Special Home Needed for Two Partially Sighted Rex Rabbits

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
*SPECIAL APPEAL FOR OUR PSBs Partially Sighted Buns!'*

4JKDAwF.jpg

Rex rabbits Rhonda and Rocky are possibly two of the most endearing, affectionate and calamitous bunnies you could wish to meet! They are looking for a home where they can live indoors in a space (like their own room) that can be maintained as it is so they can map out their enclosure and know where everything is. This is because they are both visually impaired as a result of cataracts. Given this it seems more likely the pair were abandoned by their owner rather than having escaped an enclosure and found stray; thank goodness they were found so quickly. Blood tests have revealed that this is a congenital issue as opposed to anything parasitic or viral. Their eyes are likely to worsen over time and any adopter will need to make sure they monitor the eyes for any changes. But being visually impaired will not stop the bunnies living life to the max and enjoying a life-long bond with you. Looking after bunnies with additional needs is incredibly rewarding.
The pair are often found sitting on top of their cardboard box together, standing on their hind legs trying to get the attention of nearby staff and volunteers. Watching them get up onto the box can be interesting, as sometimes it takes them a couple of tries! They are a gorgeous, friendly, confident pair, who really enjoy each other's company, as well as attention from us uprights. They will come bounding over for headrubs and to give you a good sniff the second you enter their pen, and they will be all over you as soon as you sit down beside them.
We believe that Rhonda and Rocky are siblings and probably no more than 1 to 2 years of age. They have been neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped, and are ready to find their new home together now. If you would like to meet them please contact adoptions@rspca-manchesterandsalford.org.uk

You would be a perfect match for these bunnies Jane, if you did not have debilitating A.A. It must be hard for you to not be able to bring them home. Yet you still are doing what you can to find them a good home. Bless you. Hugs.

:love: awww they are lovely, I really hope they find the perfect home. Blind bunnies are so special & inspirational:love:

Omg donttt I'd take them both [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] rexes are the worst I just fall in love with them all!

Look a bit like Fleur :'( black rexes I always say never again [emoji38]
Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I hate my broken body :evil:

I have the space and the funds to offer them the type of home they need. But I no longer have the one thing money can’t buy, health :cry:

They're gorgeous ! If anyone is considering it but worried about the eyesight issues, my Rupert has gone blind within the last 12 months and you'd barely know, he just moves a bit slower to make sure he doesn't bump into stuff.

I hope they find their forever home soon!

I hate my broken body :evil:

I have the space and the funds to offer them the type of home they need. But I no longer have the one thing money can’t buy, health :cry:
I know :(

Mines just space tbh, damn my small house [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

They are really nice looking rabbits. I don't think their sight is going to stop them getting up to mischief at all. :lol:
If only...I can't do the indoor space.

I keep coming back to look at these beauties. My very first Rabbits were Rexes. Rexes will always hold a special place within my heart. I have an entire room here they could have all to themselves. It’s a large room too. I could afford everything they might need, including Vet care. But adopting is now 100% impossible ever again, I think the reality has only just fully hit me :cry:

ETA A couple more pics

ub6iekk.jpg

7Ovr9W7.jpg

Personally I don’t think they are any older than 1 year.

Last edited:
It looks like you have a lot of love and care to give these rabbits, and it's understandable that you have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that you can't adopt them. It is important to recognize and respect your limitations and make decisions that are best for both you and the animals.
In the meantime, you can appreciate and admire these beautiful rabbits from afar. They are lucky to have someone who cares about them just like you do.

Back