• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying and Bonding

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all

I have a six month old doe, Buffy. She is going to be spayed in a couple of months time (the vet suggested we wait, as we rescued her and she's been through a lot) after which time (and the post op waiting time of a month, I think!) we would like to bond her with a husbun.

Do you think it would be a good idea to start communicating / getting the ball rolling with my local rescues now, or is it pointless and I should wait a few months?

Thanks x

I don't think there is no harm in looking around for a good rescue and seeing what they offer such as neutered Buns or non Neutered. I personally think it wiser to wait because it could be up to 3-4 months away and any bonding that my happen before hand could be broken or a particular bunny will no longer be available. I think your better of waiting and finding a rescue that will help in the bonding process. Only my opinion though, others may suggest different xx

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the vet did recommend a particular rescue, that also helps with bonding too, so they will be my first port of call.

I'll give it a few weeks before doing anything though. Its hard to stop myself from looking for potential suitors, but there's nothing to be gained from it yet.

I think I will contact them a little bit in advance though, in case things like home checks can be done, so that by the time she is ready we have things lined up x

Back