• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spay vibes for little bella

Hi Jo, thanks so much!

Well she's had all fresh herbs, hay, treats, more grass since lunchtime and she hasn't touched anything! :(

She's just had her meds again, and only managed to get about 7/8ml of oxbow in her again, as she's spitting it out. Which I know must be a good sign but the little tinker is really worrying me - she's gone cold again too even though she has the heat pad! Plus her poo is really tiny, soft and stuck together like ceotrophes

I'm going to keep an eye on her, and try again with the oxbow before bed but if she's still like this tomorrow, I'm going to take her back in. I've also been naughty and given her an extra 0.05ml of metacam to see it that helps! My poor little girl! Xx

What a worry Ruth!

Have you got an appointment to take her back for a check? They should see her as a matter of course if she's not eating after a couple of days.

I really hope you can get a bit of recovery food into her this evening :D

Hi scrappy, thanks so much.. Yeah she's such a little tinker and just hate seeing her like this! :(

Naughty food wise, she doesn't have much, but I've tried tempting with a strawberry, banana and apple and still nothing. I've brought some naturals herbs plus and she's eaten one little bit and left the rest.. So I've opened her cage back up now too incase she was in a sulk! Although she's still hidden in the corner.

I have just taken Bailey in to see her and bless him, he put his nose up against her pen, she came hopping over sniffed him, and then sat in her litter tray. It's the most I've seen her move today, so that's made me smile! I've left the door to her bedroom completely open now so he can pop in and out to see her. So maybe this might make her realise she needs to eat.

Thanks mighty Max and I know, after all the operations all my bunnies have had, they have always been back eating a lot more and bounced back quicker! It's just really worrying me, and I'm sorry for being silly as I know it's only a spay!

Yeah she's booked in for 1.30 on Monday for her check up, but if she's still like this tomorrow, we'll bring it forward.

Want to send more vibes.

Remember it's not just a spay. Humans having the same operation would be in hospital for weeks and my mum struggled to eat for weeks as well when she had hers.

Keep tempting her with whatever you have that is bunny safe. It could be she needs a higher dose of metacam split through out the day.

It sounds like Bailey will play male nurse for her x ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you, well normally my vets are pretty good.. And I have got some tramadol here but I'm keeping her on the metacam for the moment. She's only 1.24 and on 0.5ml twice daily, along with Zantac too. I've managed to look at her wound today and it's looking nice and clean, but she is stretching ALOT so maybe they have just been abit tight when stitching her up.

Thank you, yeah Bailey is such a good boy and very loving! As Long as he continues to behave himself, thanks so much though and if she is still quiet tomorrow then we'll maybe switch her over to the tramadol. Xx

Thank you, well normally my vets are pretty good.. And I have got some tramadol here but I'm keeping her on the metacam for the moment. She's only 1.24 and on 0.5ml twice daily, along with Zantac too. I've managed to look at her wound today and it's looking nice and clean, but she is stretching ALOT so maybe they have just been abit tight when stitching her up.

Thank you, yeah Bailey is such a good boy and very loving! As Long as he continues to behave himself, thanks so much though and if she is still quiet tomorrow then we'll maybe switch her over to the tramadol. Xx

I hope you all have a peaceful night, and that she surprises you in the morning with having eaten and pooped :D

Hi everyone, again thank you so much! I'm so pleased to report has is finally started eating her herbs and odd bits of plantain. I've also seen her eat a few strands of hay! :)

She's still not overly fussed though and only eating them if I plonk them straight in front of her. Her wee this morning really scared me and is almost red. I know bunny wee pigment is always changing but my god this was red on the newspaper. I've checked her over and her wound still looks good. Although when I picked her up this morning, she squeaked. So I'm hoping and preying Its not anything more serious inside.

I've called the vets and if she's still not moving round much by later this afternoon, I'm taking her in. Eating wise they are happy with and the fact she is passing poo even though it's still quite soft. It's the red wee and the fact she is normally the most hyper bunny I've ever had and always happy to hop around or at least come up to the bars to see me which she's just not interested in. I've also noticed she is not lying down at all, and instead just sitting in the loaf position.

God why do they do this to us! I'll keep you all posted on what we decide to do but thank you xx

Hi everyone, again thank you so much! I'm so pleased to report has is finally started eating her herbs and odd bits of plantain. I've also seen her eat a few strands of hay! :)

She's still not overly fussed though and only eating them if I plonk them straight in front of her. Her wee this morning really scared me and is almost red. I know bunny wee pigment is always changing but my god this was red on the newspaper. I've checked her over and her wound still looks good. Although when I picked her up this morning, she squeaked. So I'm hoping and preying Its not anything more serious inside.

I've called the vets and if she's still not moving round much by later this afternoon, I'm taking her in. Eating wise they are happy with and the fact she is passing poo even though it's still quite soft. It's the red wee and the fact she is normally the most hyper bunny I've ever had and always happy to hop around or at least come up to the bars to see me which she's just not interested in. I've also noticed she is not lying down at all, and instead just sitting in the loaf position.

God why do they do this to us! I'll keep you all posted on what we decide to do but thank you xx

At least you have the safety net of the vet visit. She seems to be improving though :thumb:

Can you get a sample of the wee? It's probably due to what she's eaten, but given she's not eaten much, it's best to be on the safe side and check if you're going anyway. If you can't get a sample they should be able to carefully express her bladder.

Keep calm Ruth. Thinking of you and sending hugs xxx

Thanks mighty Max, this is it, she didn't touch the strawberry, not one nibble from her carrot or any of the other fruit I've given her. All she's eaten is herbs, fresh grass, fenugreek and hay!! Apart from the oxbow, but surely that wouldnt change her we to being red!

Yeah I'm okay, Bailey is in her room now anyway and even though they have the barrier up I've just thrown in a fresh pile of hay where both can reach and Bailey is busy scoffing so hopefully bella will join in too!

To be fair, I don't really want to go picking her up any more than I need too so I'll save it for the vets later. Better to be safe than sorry! But thank you xx

Thanks mighty Max, this is it, she didn't touch the strawberry, not one nibble from her carrot or any of the other fruit I've given her. All she's eaten is herbs, fresh grass, fenugreek and hay!! Apart from the oxbow, but surely that wouldnt change her we to being red!

Yeah I'm okay, Bailey is in her room now anyway and even though they have the barrier up I've just thrown in a fresh pile of hay where both can reach and Bailey is busy scoffing so hopefully bella will join in too!

To be fair, I don't really want to go picking her up any more than I need too so I'll save it for the vets later. Better to be safe than sorry! But thank you xx

It's easy to have a mind that's all over the place, particularly with all the 'stuff' you're coping with ... It's a good idea to let the sensible approach of the vet deal with this and give an opinion.

I will await your update :D

Sometimes grass makes their wee red, so hopefully this is the reason. She sounds "ok" having eaten some food. Sending more recovery vibes for little Bella xx

Well we're back home!

Glad to report her red wee is nothing to be overly concerned about. Although she has lost weight, so they have managed to syringe feed her and give her some fluids!!

Shes also had some tramadol & anti-biotic tonight and the little sod has just did a bunny500 round her pen! So I don't know if she's now hyper from the pain relief or the emprid! Hopefully this will help kick start her munching more, as I really struggle to syringe her.

But honestly thanks everyone as really appreicate your support xx

Well we're back home!

Glad to report her red wee is nothing to be overly concerned about. Although she has lost weight, so they have managed to syringe feed her and give her some fluids!!

Shes also had some tramadol & anti-biotic tonight and the little sod has just did a bunny500 round her pen! So I don't know if she's now hyper from the pain relief or the emprid! Hopefully this will help kick start her munching more, as I really struggle to syringe her.

But honestly thanks everyone as really appreicate your support xx

Oh Ruth!! Wonderful :D

I am glad the red wee is nothing to worry about. it was very unlikely to be a problem, but just as well to check :D

Sleep easy tonight :wave:

It must have been such a relief to find out it wasn't anything to worry about.

Sending vibes for her continuing recovery :) x

Back