• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soy free pellet brands?

Mayhew

New Kit
Hi all,

We've recently adopted a 3 year old French lop who while appearing very health has absolutely no interest in hay at all presently. I'm just about to order her either Oxbow Botanical or some from Timothyhay.co.uk to try and temp her, but in case that doesn't work I'm looking for a high fiber pellet to stave of stasis. We've always fed our previous buns on Science Selective, but as a result of my present studies, I now have an understanding of the negative health effects of soy, so would like to avoid it, but most rabbit food seems to be full of the stuff! I was just wondering if anyone else knows of any high quality pellets without it?

So far the only ones I've found are Oxbows organic brand, which looks great but very expensive, and Harringtons, which has a lower fiber content than I'd like.

While we're on the subject, what's the general consensus about the best quality brand of pellets generally at the moment?

Back