• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorted

I really think that it depends on the advice from your vet, what you would do if he deteriorated but (if all that is sorted) most importantly, the personality of the bunny.

For example, Sky only wants to be with me and as long as he is with me, he won't really care, so he could theoretically be transported with me. Roger would never be nursed through Myxo so would be PTS before this point, Candyfloss is blind and she would need to stay at home so my option would be stay with her or get someone to come in and nurse her. Someone like Badger or Summer would have been fine anywhere, with anyone (obviously more comfortable at home, but their personalities would have dealt with anything) and could have been looked after by someone.

I was asked to foster a bunny with myxo recently. Sadly I had to say no, but had the bunny come they would have come with all their home comforts, and a friend and me and the place would have looked for a way to make it home from home so it would have been unsettling, but not a complete new start somewhere because they would have stuff smelling of them and stuff familiar to them.

I think you need to take a step back and look at what your gut instinct says; not your emotional mind (i.e. your heart), or your logical mind (your head), but you absolute gut instinct about the situation. Find it, and then follow it.

He doesnt seem bothered eitherway. Not into being handled by anyone.
He will run from me. And without his brother and inside alone he is literally alone.
He flops in the carrier going to the vets which can take up to 30 mins and doesnt seem bothered by it. With the vet saying his breating is only affected by the nodules and the fact that he doesnt have full blown myxi ......thats why I didnt forsee a problem :(

He doesnt seem bothered eitherway. Not into being handled by anyone.
He will run from me. And without his brother and inside alone he is literally alone.
He flops in the carrier going to the vets which can take up to 30 mins and doesnt seem bothered by it. With the vet saying his breating is only affected by the nodules and the fact that he doesnt have full blown myxi ......thats why I didnt forsee a problem :(

So, based on that, what do your gut instinct say about what is best to do in this situation?

You do, it's there, but your tiredness has overrun it with emotion you can't see through. You don't need to make a decision tonight though, you can sleep on it. Often it's easier to find your gut (I find) when you're not as tired, not as emotional and often in the mornings.

What has become clear is that your gut instinct says he shouldn't be PTS.

Go to bed, have a good sleep and see how you feel in the morning. :)

my original gut instinct was to take him :(

I couldnt pts - as he is for all intents and purposes ok....I didt forsee any problems for him in taking him rather than leaving him for someone to check on twice a day....I was more concerned about taking him as its dog friendly - never asked baout buns :(

my original gut instinct was to take him :(

I couldnt pts - as he is for all intents and purposes ok....I didt forsee any problems for him in taking him rather than leaving him for someone to check on twice a day....I was more concerned about taking him as its dog friendly - never asked baout buns :(

I know some of the replies on this thread have probably upset you. I think everyone was just trying to give you all the options, whether they are nice options or not. The thing with asking for advice on the internet is no one knows your exact situation and circumstances. If we have never been in that situation we can only advise on what we think we would do. You know yourself, you know your bun and you know the situation.

I have travelled with Grimlock when he's been very ill as I know he's fine with it. My situation what that I was going to visit my parents. They would have been unhappy at not seeing me. My mum is too ill to travel to see me so I travel to see them. I actually remember making a similar post wondering whether I should still go.

The other thing to think about and this is unrelated to travelling with him, is your health. From your posts, and I'm sorry if I've read into them wrongly, you seem really depressed at everything right now. I think you need to identify what's making you feel this way and try to help yourself as well. Take a couple of weeks off work, with a doctor's note if need be. Get everything sorted in your house that're making you feel bad and then have the rest of the holiday relaxing in a house you want to be in. Sorry if I'm out of order saying this, it's just I've been where you are and I know it's important to look after yourself. *hug*

I hope it's ok to reply though I'm new both to the forum and to rabbits.

Sorry to hear you've been having such a stressful time. It certainly sounds like you need a break.

Your vet thought it would be ok to travel, right?
Are you perhaps feeling so stressed and depressed right now that you only see the worst possibilities, and are taking more notice of options that make you feel more guilty and torn? (Whereas your vet, who knows you and your animals in person, suggests the journey would be tolerable. And the rabbit is used to travelling to the vet.)

Also, if you feel you can't go away in the end, would you be able to get a cleaner in for a day or two to help you start getting on top of things and rest? Or even a friend or relative to help in a similar way in return for a meal, if paying someone is out of the question?

Just another thought that hasnt been mentioned but you say he seems up to it and emergency vets are available should an emergency occur (worst case scenario covered). What if you go, taking him with you. You get to get away from it all, chill out and not even have the worry of how he's doing because you can see for yourself how he is. You will feel more chilled out and surely Crunchie will pick up on it.

happybunny22000, your posts sound so fraught and you sound so tired and stressed. I know my bunnies pick up on that - never mind a sick one too. Maybe he's also feeling run down and needs the break ;) I think the break might actually do you both some good??

The only thing that would bother me is travelling with myxi - will this have any affect on local ecology? Could this harm nearby bunnies? Is there a way you can keep infection to a minimum?

I've had no experience with myxi so i may be speaking out of turn so other forum users, please feel free to let me know if i've been completely off the mark with my post - i just wanted to give another POV because i can see the benefits of getting away from it all while still being the main caregiver for the sick bunny.

As it's only an hr away can't you leave him at home under the care of the person looking after the animals and then check in on him on the Saturday? I know it would take a chunk out of your day but the situation is a difficult one. Just trying to think a little outside the box for you. Or cut your holiday down to an overnighter instead, Sat- Sun? We often visit family an 11/2 hrs away and we leave mid morning after caring for the buns and giving them a run and then get back on the Sun afternoon so they have the rest of the afternoon out. It does mess their feeding times up a bit but I figure it's better than any other kind of disruption.

Hope you find your solution xx

How are you feeling today?
I tink Jenova's post was excellent and I completely agree with her!
Sending lots of hugs your way.

feel a bit worse physically this morning went to bed and woke up with a migraine that feels like someone has thrown a bottle over the back of my head numerous times.

But My sister who lives in preston at uni - which is half hr away used to pet sit for me. With her being at uni though she loves being out on a fri n sat night....I explained the situation and offered some cash (or some payment in kind as she needs stuff i can get from work) and shes agreed to come and pet sit :) which is better as she'll be able to medicate and watch crunchie all fri night and sat day :)

Providing she doenst back out which would finish me off - it means the bunny can still get the care without being moved ad I can get away for a bit....

Thankyou to all who have offered great suggestions and just general support. I know it sounds silly - but just one day away from it all will make me feel so much better - and so much more refreshed and relaxed.

I'm glad that you have found a solution and I truly hope she doesn't let you down. :)

I also think if life is difficult for you, and you found it less difficult on the antideps, that maybe you need to go and have a chat with your doctor about what's going on.

Hopefully now you have a solution your migraine might ease too.

Thanks Sky-O
I dont feel as down al the time as I did but every so often just feel overwhelmed and trapped and that really gets me down...

I have a migraine nearly every day :(:(:(

Do your migraines really effect you? And do your eyes go funny? Mine do it's awful :(
Can you get see by a docter? They usually can't help much as the precise cause of migraines is unknown. But as you get them so often their might be an underlying probelm.
And maybe see an opticion just to check your eyes are OK?
But you should try and get enough sleep and it would help if you were less stressed as stress does cause migranes.
And sometimes if you eat cheese or choco etc.. it starts them of... But that depends really... on the person...
Maybe discuss taking medicine wich stops the migraines with a docter?

xxx me

Doctor just said iburophen.
Had my eyes checked and theyre fine :(

They dont afect my eyes but just really hurts my head :
Brought on by stress :(

Doctor just said iburophen.
Had my eyes checked and theyre fine :(

They dont afect my eyes but just really hurts my head :
Brought on by stress :(

OK, well atleast they don't affect your eyes, because otherwise you would proberbly be lying in bed, that is if your anything like me, cause if I get one I just want to go to to bed and wait till my eyes are better, I can't stand doing anything if my eyes are funny. :(:(:(
Besides, my migraines(my eyes) only really get better, if I rest.
Sorry, that you get such a bad headache though*loads of hugs*.
Hopefully if you get your stress sorted, then you will feel alot better.

Back