• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sophie's losing weight

Not really! I would definitely not let a bunny kiss me on the lips; I know where that bunny mouth has been and what it has been eating! :lol:

Hahha yes my husband thinks the same as you, he wants me to rinse my mouth before kissing him :lol: By kiss I mean lip touch, but now cookie is trying to lick my lip too, as soon as I realize that I turn my cheek and lick my face:lol:
I also kiss all over cookie, I'm kissing him all the time :lol:

Aa don't you kiss them? :D Cookie even kisses me on the lips, I gave him kiss training :D I kiss cookie 24/7 :lol:
I get a horrified look from Lopsy if I try :lol: I can't do it much anyway because their fluff goes up my nose and then it's snot-central and I'm sure the bunnies don't wanna share my excretions any more than I wanna share theirs XD

Tiggerz, Lopsy has been bony since last Autumn, but he weighs the same (thankfully), he's just lost muscle condition from not being out on the lawn (their 24/7 area is plenty big enough but not much binky space) and never put it back on. I recall when he and Aboleth had the same one Winter, they hadn't been out on the lawn for about 2mths and IIRC it was Omi who mentioned it might be muscle condition. So even getting back up to 'normal' weight, bonyness can still happen. But it's just their spine and hips, not their ribs.

I like that you're so excited to try out the app, haha. [emoji38] I hope you maybe find it useful!

I really hope that when you weigh Mischief on Thursday you'll see that he has indeed gained weight, like you can feel he has.

Aww, that's honestly so sweet of you to say. :love: I have tried to give them a kiss from you and the bunnies, but Casper ran away and Sophie looked really startled. [emoji38] They're not used to kisses. [emoji38]
The app was really useful for noting vet visits etc however when it came to their weight for some reason I couldn't add in the fullstops. So for example instead of 5.2 kgs I had to put in 52kgs! It will still show the peaks and troughs of the graph though and I have added their real weight in the notes bit.

Awww to the kisses! If you could give them some loving from me and bunnies as how they would normally expect it instead that would be grand [emoji173][emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Aa don't you kiss them? :D Cookie even kisses me on the lips, I gave him kiss training :D I kiss cookie 24/7 [emoji38]
Yes I kiss Mischief on the lips too! He has lovely soft lips. It sounds wrong when I say this but it is actually him that puts his lips to mine. I think he likes to feel my breath. I notice that he does the same with Lillabelle [emoji173]

I get a horrified look from Lopsy if I try [emoji38] I can't do it much anyway because their fluff goes up my nose and then it's snot-central and I'm sure the bunnies don't wanna share my excretions any more than I wanna share theirs XD

Tiggerz, Lopsy has been bony since last Autumn, but he weighs the same (thankfully), he's just lost muscle condition from not being out on the lawn (their 24/7 area is plenty big enough but not much binky space) and never put it back on. I recall when he and Aboleth had the same one Winter, they hadn't been out on the lawn for about 2mths and IIRC it was Omi who mentioned it might be muscle condition. So even getting back up to 'normal' weight, bonyness can still happen. But it's just their spine and hips, not their ribs.
Thank you yes I did think of possible loss of muscle. Mischief has actually lost weight though aswell as become bonier so I don't think it is the case with him? He does lack muscle though as he was a bit fat and very lazy. I have noticed he is more active now. I'm not sure if that's due to losing weight or because Lillabelle makes him want to move about more.

I do want him to put on a little weight but not too much. He seems better for losing weight. If he didn't feel so bony I would be happy actually as he seems better for being slimmer. He eats/poops/drinks well and now he dashes about and does binkies and he rarely did that before. So he is happy in himself. It could be just the diet as I am trying to judge for 2 now. We will see on tomorrow when I weigh him.

Thank you for that though. I will keep an eye on his muscle condition in the hope it improves now he is more active x

It must be so comforting to have Sophie's weight respond to the extra pellets. Sending vibes she and Casper continue to be well for a long, long, time.

I get a horrified look from Lopsy if I try :lol: I can't do it much anyway because their fluff goes up my nose and then it's snot-central and I'm sure the bunnies don't wanna share my excretions any more than I wanna share theirs XD

I would really like to see those terrified moments haha :lol: :lol:

Yes I kiss Mischief on the lips too! He has lovely soft lips. It sounds wrong when I say this but it is actually him that puts his lips to mine. I think he likes to feel my breath. I notice that he does the same with Lillabelle [emoji173]

I really like those juicy kisses :lol: :lol: Also isn't it sweet of him to do that to Lillabelle? :love:

The app was really useful for noting vet visits etc however when it came to their weight for some reason I couldn't add in the fullstops. So for example instead of 5.2 kgs I had to put in 52kgs! It will still show the peaks and troughs of the graph though and I have added their real weight in the notes bit.

Awww to the kisses! If you could give them some loving from me and bunnies as how they would normally expect it instead that would be grand [emoji173][emoji173]

Oh, for entering the weights you need to use the comma. Have you tried that?

Aw, I'll give them some pets from you, then. :love:

It must be so comforting to have Sophie's weight respond to the extra pellets. Sending vibes she and Casper continue to be well for a long, long, time.
It really is. Thank you, bunny momma.

From the recent photos Mischief does not look underweight at all. It is far healthier for Bunnies to be on the lean side :)
Yes I think his weight is good really. I am just used to him being fat! [emoji38]

I can really feel his ribs/hips and bottom bones. Is this normal? I thought there was supposed to be a slight covering over these bones so they felt rounded? His are very defined. He is very fluffy so he looks big but his bones are very obvious.

He does have a belly still though. I think it is lack of exercise so he has a fat belly and no muscle condition.
I'm not sure if he is underweight or just lacks exercise and therefore muscle definition tbh. My OH says he feels bony aswell. I'm not actually sure what to think. How can I tell he is at the right weight for him?x

I would really like to see those terrified moments haha [emoji38] [emoji38]

I really like those juicy kisses [emoji38] [emoji38] Also isn't it sweet of him to do that to Lillabelle? :love:
They put their heads together all the time which is very sweet to see. I also think they feel each others breath like Mischief does with me. I love looking at them like this. It makes my heart melt.

It has been lovely to have them back in the bedroom with us. Mischief has come up for cuddles where he sits on my tummy for strokes and he still does the kisses thing. I have really missed him. Now they have to go back in the puppy pen as they have argued and need to bond them back again. I will miss him all over again. I don't have much in life so Mischief's cuddles mean the world to me. Of course I would rather see them bonded together and happy though even if I cannot cuddle him. I want them to be happy so much and I feel really down today as they have argued [emoji22]

Oh, for entering the weights you need to use the comma. Have you tried that?

Aw, I'll give them some pets from you, then. :love:

It really is. Thank you, bunny momma.
I haven't actually. I will try it but I think on my phone only the numbers come up when I try to enter the weight. It is probably my rubbish phone. It also happens when I try to transfer money on the internet banking app on my phone. I don't know how to make it work [emoji20]

They put their heads together all the time which is very sweet to see. I also think they feel each others breath like Mischief does with me. I love looking at them like this. It makes my heart melt.

It has been lovely to have them back in the bedroom with us. Mischief has come up for cuddles where he sits on my tummy for strokes and he still does the kisses thing. I have really missed him. Now they have to go back in the puppy pen as they have argued and need to bond them back again. I will miss him all over again. I don't have much in life so Mischief's cuddles mean the world to me. Of course I would rather see them bonded together and happy though even if I cannot cuddle him. I want them to be happy so much and I feel really down today as they have argued [emoji22]

don't feel bad. I'm sure they'll bond strong again soon, plus their bond will be totally strong after neutering. I just think these imbalances can happen until spaying happens. :|

I haven't actually. I will try it but I think on my phone only the numbers come up when I try to enter the weight. It is probably my rubbish phone. It also happens when I try to transfer money on the internet banking app on my phone. I don't know how to make it work [emoji20]

Ah, I'm sorry! I got it mixed up; you need to use a point, not the comma! That's annoying that you only get the numbers, without a point or a comma? Have you tried downloading a different keyboard if that's possible on your phone? When my phone shows the numbers-only keyboard (I use Gboard on Android), it still has a point and a comma on it, so maybe it's something that differs among keyboards?

Last edited:
Ah, I'm sorry! I got it mixed up; you need to use a point, not the comma! That's annoying that you only get the numbers, without a point or a comma? Have you tried downloading a different keyboard if that's possible on your phone? When my phone shows the numbers-only keyboard (I use Gboard on Android), it still has a point and a comma on it, so maybe it's something that differs among keyboards?
Ah yes it could be that. I will give it a try. Thanks xx

Back