• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some joke!!! U/D they have been neutered 2day!

As Jane has said getting her speyed ASAP is definately a better option than leaving it and getting this done in a few weeks time, it is far less risky now. Leaving her to give birth would leave your with the problems of having to find homes for these babies, not an easy task I can tell you, have a look at the ARC website and we have lots of babies still looking for homes :(

All my rabbits have always been unwanted and neglected pets,so im fully aware of the problems surrounding unwanted rabbits,and woud never add to it by being an irresponsible owner...although i could have got ollie neutered sooner i never expected my brother or anyone to do this to me as im so careful not let him around storm :cry:

I would get him to pay for the neuter of your doe and buck, so they can go back together, he may of done you a favour, free neuters :lol:, don't let her go through the pregnancy it wont be fair and if she's done next week it will be fine.

I would get him to pay for the neuter of your doe and buck, so they can go back together, he may of done you a favour, free neuters :lol:, don't let her go through the pregnancy it wont be fair and if she's done next week it will be fine.[/QUOTEi agree get them done together and have them settle cage bu cage i know males are still fertile after a neuter but presumably if female is done at same time nb iv never had a male bun... then they could recover together and therefore save you the trauima od rebonding? someone more exp to double check please!!!

I might encourage him to donate something to a rescue as well ;) I appreciate that he was drunk and wasnt aware of the consequences but people need to have some common sense - and if they can't be trusted the behave whilst drunk, they need to stop drinking. ;)

i appreciate that this wasnt your fault so I'm not having a go and I hope that some good conclusion can be reached and that your brother will think about what he's doing in future. good luck with the spaying. x x x

Yeah they would be able to recover together, if you're going to get them neutered Monday/Tuesday, I personally wouldn't split them, but they DO need to be done.

I would get him to pay for the neuter of your doe and buck, so they can go back together, he may of done you a favour, free neuters :lol:, don't let her go through the pregnancy it wont be fair and if she's done next week it will be fine.[/QUOTEi agree get them done together and have them settle cage bu cage i know males are still fertile after a neuter but presumably if female is done at same time nb iv never had a male bun... then they could recover together and therefore save you the trauima od rebonding? someone more exp to double check please!!!

storm is already bonded with another neutered female...but i was just thinking that i could possibly bond all 3,and have them all together...what do you think?

storm is already bonded with another neutered female...but i was just thinking that i could possibly bond all 3,and have them all together...what do you think?

if they are bonded wouldnt the 3 all have been in same cage when the new bun was added? confused as to set up at night for them? do they have seperate sleeping then? all my bonded buns have slept in same hutch/room/area.

if they are bonded wouldnt the 3 all have been in same cage when the new bun was added? confused as to set up at night for them? do they have seperate sleeping then? all my bonded buns have slept in same hutch/room/area.

The arrangements at the moment are that Storm (female) is bonded and living together with emmie (neutered female),and Ollie (un-neutered male) lives alone.
So when storm and ollie have both been done i will try and bond all three and house them in the girls converted play house :)

The arrangements at the moment are that Storm (female) is bonded and living together with emmie (neutered female),and Ollie (un-neutered male) lives alone.
So when storm and ollie have both been done i will try and bond all three and house them in the girls converted play house :)

oh ok...jsut trying to get my head around it all!!!! would be good if the two bonded(in either pairing) went in together as it would keep the bond then start a three way bond after. good luck

oh ok...jsut trying to get my head around it all!!!! would be good if the two bonded(in either pairing) went in together as it would keep the bond then start a three way bond after. good luck

I know its all a bit confusing :?
but then i could make it even more confusing and ask wether it would be possible to bond another neutered female with a neutered male who is 6 yrs old and has only ever lived alone???
Thats something else i have been thinking about :lol:

Most rabbits irrespective of age will bond with another bun.

yes i agree a lot of buns will bond regardless of age as most people know chelsea and sooty were bonded and they were 9yrs and 10yrs respectivly it has all fallen through probley because we had them seperate to recover from sootys spey and tho i had a damn good go at getting them back together is not worth the fights they live next to each other and are happy and with time will try them together again i dont think it will work until they have had a time out again. still in saying that i would really honestly try your three the new bun sounds like it bonds easily and the other 2 are already bonded you wont know until you try it and you could always take to an expert to try and do it for you? neutral is important tho also.

Both buns have been neutered today...they are both doing well,a lot better than my brothers wallet anyway :lol::lol::lol:

Back