• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So few replies on Rabbit Health any more. Why?

In bonding and behaviour there are some days where there are one after another threads asking very similiar questions.

This is very true.... and it also means that others searching for a topic such as bonding then have an even harder time of trying to find some useful info on the subject; the search returns way too many results, many of which are asking the same question and getting very few replies.

In other words, the more times a question gets asked, the harder it is for others to search for meaningful answers in the future .... and so making it more likely that people will ask again rather than search.

I found something similar, when your worried you need an answer asap you cant function properly and cant seem to find answers from previous posts.
I was/am worried about winston and I asked for vibes as you know I got 5 responses then others on here get pages of wishes.
A thought to me is something very special and I always try and put a thought on an upset mummys page yet it seems some are more popular and even if some members dont like me its poorly lil bunny boy thats not well why take it out on them (after all he has done so much to help all rabbits in this country by telling his story).
I dont know about liver problems sorry, although the liver in humans regenerates itself so perhaps it does in rabbits.
hope all is ok

I think that what people have to remember with things like this is that even though it feels personal, it isn't. When you're that stressed and desperate, everything feels personal and about you.

But on a forum like this you have to take into account things like thread title, time of day, other posts going, whose online, whether people are able to post a reply when they read your thread, what people have to offer, what other members are going through, etc.

There are members and bunnies who are more well known but those owners will have threads with lots of replies and threads with minimal replies too- that seems to happen to everyone. That's not of use when you're desperate for replies, but it is true.

I didn't see your thread and do try to reply to as many wel wishing threads as possible because I too know the value of those thoughts and support. So I'm sorry about that.

I do hope that Winston keeps fighting.

This is very true.... and it also means that others searching for a topic such as bonding then have an even harder time of trying to find some useful info on the subject; the search returns way too many results, many of which are asking the same question and getting very few replies.

In other words, the more times a question gets asked, the harder it is for others to search for meaningful answers in the future .... and so making it more likely that people will ask again rather than search.

That's a well identified 'happy' vicious circle. :? How frustrating, because you can't break it.

It's hard to want to make the effort on some threads now because you just get told youre wrong or abuse back. All I've had when I've tried to help lately.

I don't know anything about liver diseases to be helpful there though

I'm probably guilty of asking questions that have already been answered. Although I've been on the forum a fair while I hadn't noticed the green bar at the top with the search function on it until it was pointed out in another thread:oops:

I am not at all computer literate and stick to posting and replying to threads, just because it's familiar. It took me a while to work out the PM function too:oops:

I can also panic when I have a sick fur baby and post wanting not only advice, but reassurance too. On my 'Molly' thread I found the vibes and encouragement just as important to me as the information and advice given.

The support I've found on RU is amazing and has helped me more than I can ever find words to say.

I think that anyone who browses the forum can see that most of the attention goes on General Chat - for the non-bunny related information, and Rabbit Chat - for the bunny related information. I don't post in Rabbit Care very much because if I want a range of replies, Rabbit Chat always seems to be the better option.

Not that I'm a great authority on bunnies but I often feel less and less like posting advice because it seems the advice giver just gets jumped on these days.

Do you mean that if you try to give advice other people will perceive it as wrong? :wave:

I used to give advice on medical conditions I have experience of treating, but don't really bother any more because I was told by a member that I'm not qualified to voice my opinion because I don't have a medical degree. Nobody disagreed with her, so I presume they think the same.

I used to give advice on medical conditions I have experience of treating, but don't really bother any more because I was told by a member that I'm not qualified to voice my opinion because I don't have a medical degree. Nobody disagreed with her, so I presume they think the same.

This place wouldn't work if only Marie and Rodney replied to stuff (and vikkivet in due course).

I never saw that and I've seen Jane say something similar previously, and it astounds me that anyone could say that.

I can say I strongly disagree with that.

Do you mean that if you try to give advice other people will perceive it as wrong? :wave:

You tend to see a lot that if the advice given is not what someone wants, they totally reject it, sometimes in a very rude manner. Not sure what Schuette is referring to, but that's how I took her reply.

I don't think that's true at all - I don't recall seeing anything like that but please don't think that, just because nobody disagreed, we all think the same.

Personally, I think a range of views on a subject is always useful and the OP can take what they want from it, and others who find the thread afterwards can do the same. I would much rather see your opinion alongside everybody else's and am sorry you don't feel as though you can any more. :(

There'd be no replies at all if we needed a medical degree to do so.

I always use the search function but sometimes I might post a similar topic to one thats been covered if I feel the previous replys don't fit my exact circumstances.

I also always go to the health section first but prefer to only offer advice with things I have experience of personally as I would hate to give the wrong info. Or sometimes I may doubt myself and wait to see if someone more knowledgeable will come along and answer it.

I disagree with it being about popularity, or whatever.

i get lots of responses in Gen Chat, but sometimes very few when it's bunny related.

i don't take it personally, (most of the time:oops:). Becaus Sky-o is quite right, sometimes people may not know what to say :wave:

I gave someone advice once. It didn't end well. :cry: I'm very careful now to only say what I've done in the past, rather than advise people.

I do stand by the advice I gave though, and I would still take that advice myself if I was in that position in the future. But I still feel very, very guilty about the outcome :cry:

I gave someone advice once. It didn't end well. :cry: I'm very careful now to only say what I've done in the past, rather than advise people.

I do stand by the advice I gave though, and I would still take that advice myself if I was in that position in the future. But I still feel very, very guilty about the outcome :cry:

Some things just can't be helped :cry:

I just wanted to say that I am really new to RU, but I have been amazed by the knowledge that everyone has. I really honestly think that so many people on here have more knowledge about bun care/health than even some vets (of the non rabbit-savvy variety). I have learned SO much from this forum in the few weeks I've been an active member, and I am SO grateful for everyone who can give advice on bunny stuff. I think any bunny mum/dad worth their salt would realise that all any member on here can give is their best advice/experience, and that sometimes only a visit to a vet will do for a proper examination etc. But RU is an amazing place with so much knowledge and good stuff going on. I personally am so pleased I found it and all you really experienced people who can help me. I am really sorry to hear that people have been made to feel bad for posting on these topics :(

I disagree with it being about popularity, or whatever.

i get lots of responses in Gen Chat, but sometimes very few when it's bunny related.

i don't take it personally, (most of the time:oops:). Becaus Sky-o is quite right, sometimes people may not know what to say :wave:

I always look at your threads in GC, because they're always hilarious :lol:

I never post on Rabbit care, except if I see something I know about, such as housing recommendations etc. I have NEVER posted in health or behaviour and bonding, except to give vibes, because I'm not experienced enough :wave:

Back