• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezing

Thank you :)
He only started sneezing yesterday so I'm hoping that we caught it nice and early.
I was sorting out all the treats yesterday and I (stupidly?) emptied out the remains of the dandelion/plantain into their litter trays and they are quite bitty and dusty. I'm wondering if some of that could have got up his nose? But I'm not sure that adds up with the white discharge really :/

He only started sneezing yesterday so I'm hoping that we caught it nice and early.
I was sorting out all the treats yesterday and I (stupidly?) emptied out the remains of the dandelion/plantain into their litter trays and they are quite bitty and dusty. I'm wondering if some of that could have got up his nose? But I'm not sure that adds up with the white discharge really :/

It may have made him sneeze which dislodged gunk that was already up there. That is actually a good thing, far better the gunk comes out :)

Maybe the dust make him sneeze, but it doesn't explain the white discharge. Possibly a reduced immune function at the moment.

That's what I thought.
He doesn't have gunky paws and we have been keeping a very close eye on them since Sy has been poorly and we haven't seen him sneezing before yesterday. Hopefully we've got whatever it is really early :)

My first Galens Garden order has just arrive and my boys seem very unimpressed! Apparently Apple Leaves, Apple Twigs, Pear Leaves and Rasberry Leaves aren't their cup of tea. Bianca doesn't seem impressed either! I'm hoping that they will choke them down as the night goes on.

That's what I thought.
He doesn't have gunky paws and we have been keeping a very close eye on them since Sy has been poorly and we haven't seen him sneezing before yesterday. Hopefully we've got whatever it is really early :)

My first Galens Garden order has just arrive and my boys seem very unimpressed! Apparently Apple Leaves, Apple Twigs, Pear Leaves and Rasberry Leaves aren't their cup of tea. Bianca doesn't seem impressed either! I'm hoping that they will choke them down as the night goes on.

If you break up some of the leaves and twigs that may make them smell more interesting and the Buns may decide to give them a try :)

That's what I thought.

Awwww those treats sound delicious. Perhaps it's the lack of smelling them and once they get warmed up and the aroma comes out they may go mad for them :)

Bianca may be picking up your stress?

I think they've had a tiny nibble but they don't seem keen! They are so fussy. If it's not Dandelion or Plantain then they just aren't interested :roll:
I haven't seen sneezing from Hiro today but I have been trying to leave him alone to keep his stress levels down. He seems to be doing little grunts/snorts though every so often. Sort of like he is trying to clear his nose. It's hard to describe though!
Bianca is doing pretty good, she's a bit bratty though! She is certainly keeping our spirits up :)

Last edited:
I think they've had a tiny nibble but they don't seem keen! They are so fussy. If it's not Dandelion or Plantain then they just aren't interested :roll:
I haven't seen sneezing from Hiro today but I have been truing to leave him alone to keep his stress levels down. He seems to be doing little grunts though every so often. Sort of like he is trying to clear his nose. It's hard to describe though!
Bianca is doing pretty good, she's a bit bratty though! She is certainly keeping our spirits up :)

:lol: we did warn you about girl bunnies when you were first thinking of adopting her

My bunnies don't seem as excited as they should be about the vast array of forage I dried for them over summer. I hope Sy clears his infection really quickly

I haven't seen sneezing from Hiro today but I have been trying to leave him alone to keep his stress levels down. He seems to be doing little grunts/snorts though every so often. Sort of like he is trying to clear his nose. It's hard to describe though!

aww good for Bianca :)

Hopefully Hiro will be better soon. I think I know what you mean about the snorting.

Thinking of you & Hiro.
Benjie loves his bisolvon wrapped up in a basil leaf - straight down.
I use home made saline in the nebuliser for mild relapses. Great advantage that that no chamber is needed. I just put Benjie on my knee & waft it around his nostrils. Give my own sinuses a clear out too!!

Back