• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge & Bella's hutch...

Is it the run a member very kindly offered you on here? If so that's great, but like that member said it can only be a temporary measure as they are not big enough. I know you are very young so I am going respect that, but really Bella's welfare concerns me. I know you try your very best and love Bella but realistically can you meet her needs?

Coming out of her cage (which you know is ridiculously small) for an hour a day is just not good enough. She should spend more time out of her cage than she does in it. I know money is an issue, but if you aren't able to give Bella a decent sized area to exercise in then that is just not fair on her. Does your mum know that you exercise her on a table and how does she think that is acceptable?:?
Sometimes just loving an animal isn't enough.

diana, she really needs to stay out longer.
i know you may need to wash your hair, but its unfair on bella that shes locked up for 23 hours in her hutch :?

I also realise that you are young BUT that doesn't make it "alright" that your rabbit spends the majority of it's day and night in a very small cage.

She really really needs a long time out of such a small area, it is cruel to keep any animal confined for such a length of time.

Could your mom not watch her while you wash your hair?

diana, she really needs to stay out longer.
i know you may need to wash your hair, but its unfair on bella that shes locked up for 23 hours in her hutch :?

I know! I know! Bella will be out all day in the run once it gets here okay! By the way, it's only 7/8 hours, certainly NOT 23, what makes you say that?!

She's back in her cage now although I'd doubt many of you agree with. I'm off to wash my hair.

I know! I know! Bella will be out all day in the run once it gets here okay! By the way, it's only 7/8 hours, certainly NOT 23, what makes you say that?!

She's back in her cage now although I'd doubt many of you agree with. I'm off to wash my hair.

i assumed that, beacuse you said you let her out for an hour
sorry

surley she cant be in her hutch for 7/8 hours?
where does she go when shes out for the 16/17 hours? i thought shes not allowed to roam around beacuse she wees.

sorry for all the questions, but im really confused...

look we are only trying to help you out here.we know its not always ideal to have bella out but putting her back in her cage so you can wash your hair just doesnt seem fair.xx

She's in either her hutch or cage for 7/8 hours (while I'm at school) then when I get home, get changed, she comes out on the table for about 4/5 hours, sometimes less. Then goes back in for bed at 9pm. Okay now?

Off to wash my hair.

Back