• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slippery bridge

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
Casper and Sophie have this bridge:

dOQ2Uq6h.jpeg

But it's kind of slippery, so I was wondering if anyone has an idea for how to improve it, to give them better grip on it? I'd rather not damage it by nailing or screwing things onto it, though. I was thinking about maybe sticking carpet tiles on it with double sided tape, but with Sophie's sore-ish hocks (which are doing a lot better, by the way!) I don't know if carpet would be too rough for her feet? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Could you cut a carpet tile into strips maybe, and just stick a few on, less impact on Sophies hocks ? Nice bridge though, is it new ?

Could you cut a carpet tile into strips maybe, and just stick a few on, less impact on Sophies hocks ? Nice bridge though, is it new ?
Oh, I like that idea! That should work, I think, and wouldn't be as abrasive on her feet. Thank you, Pets mum! :) Oh, I got the bridge last year! I really like it and hoped they would learn to use the grooves as grips, but it's still slippery for them, so I think the grooves don't really work well.

I was thinking vet bed but you would have to screw that in place i think. I wonder if Eddy would like a bridge ! Wheres it from Reader?

I was thinking vet bed but you would have to screw that in place i think. I wonder if Eddy would like a bridge ! Wheres it from Reader?
Ooh, vet bed could work well, too, yes! I like that idea as well, thank you! But, yeah, I'm not sure how to attach that without screws or nails... Hmm... Ooh, maybe Eddy would like a bridge, yeah! It's from a German Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1146302453/xxl-rabbit-bridge-bridge-rabbit-tunnel But they don't seem to ship to the UK... Maybe there's nice ones in UK shops, though?

Rubber door mat cut down to fit? Or a plastic bath mat, if they don't chew things like that.
Ooh, thank you for those ideas. I hadn't considered those! I think if I stick it right onto the bridge, they wouldn't be able to chew it? I'll have to see what those mats are like.

If you use something like VetBed, you can use velcro - stick-on to the bridge, sew on to the fabric, then it can be removed for washing

Or maybe stick on (with glue or velcro) little wooden grips slightly raised for extra grip?

I really like that one, too, Eddy! Casper and Sophie's room is too small or I'd get it for them. :lol:

Got to say our pretty big bedroom which is really the bunnys main room is turn into a right trip hazard when I get up in the night:lol:. Think we should get bunkbeds to allow the buns more room for toys

What I really want to get them next is a digging box. I'd have to save up but thats only half the problem - I can't find any decent ones since manor pet housing ceased trading. Another problem is Bob is fussy about the idea of soil & sand being flung over his carpets. I might actual design something & then see if I can pay someone to make it. wish I had joinery skills

Or maybe stick on (with glue or velcro) little wooden grips slightly raised for extra grip?
Ooh, I had thought of little wooden grips, but couldn't think of a way to attach them without nails or screws, but glue or velcro could work well, yeah, especially glue, I think! Thank you for your idea, too! I have so many options to consider now! :D

Got to say our pretty big bedroom which is really the bunnys main room is turn into a right trip hazard when I get up in the night:lol:. Think we should get bunkbeds to allow the buns more room for toys

What I really want to get them next is a digging box. I'd have to save up but thats only half the problem - I can't find any decent ones since manor pet housing ceased trading. Another problem is Bob is fussy about the idea of soil & sand being flung over his carpets. I might actual design something & then see if I can pay someone to make it. wish I had joinery skills
That reminds me of when Sophie, Casper, and I all shared a bedroom. You could barely walk without stepping on a toy. :lol: Bunkbeds so Boo and Eddy have more room sounds like the best and only solution here!

Ah, a digging box would be great fun! That's too bad that you can't find any decent ones now. Manor Pet Housing had such great stuff. I use an underbed storage box, but that's not a good idea if Bob wouldn't be happy with soil and sand everywhere. :lol: Designing something yourself and finding someone to make it for you sounds like a good idea. That way you can get exactly what you want.

That reminds me of when Sophie, Casper, and I all shared a bedroom. You could barely walk without stepping on a toy. :lol: Bunkbeds so Boo and Eddy have more room sounds like the best and only solution here!

Ah, a digging box would be great fun! That's too bad that you can't find any decent ones now. Manor Pet Housing had such great stuff. I use an underbed storage box, but that's not a good idea if Bob wouldn't be happy with soil and sand everywhere. :lol: Designing something yourself and finding someone to make it for you sounds like a good idea. That way you can get exactly what you want.

actually thats a great idea ! I can just put it on a shower curtain or something to catch any mess & then put the lid on & put it away when I'm feeling too tired for additional bunny cleaning . It will be good to gauge how much he likes digging before a big investment anyway. What do you use in yours? Years ago I used top soil & sand mixed

actually thats a great idea ! I can just put it on a shower curtain or something to catch any mess & then put the lid on & put it away when I'm feeling too tired for additional bunny cleaning . It will be good to gauge how much he likes digging before a big investment anyway. What do you use in yours? Years ago I used top soil & sand mixed
I was using soil, but for some reason they weren't really interested in digging in that. I've just had a bag of sand delivered, but I haven't tried it yet, but years ago Casper really enjoyed sand. I just found that everything around it got kind of covered in sand dust.

I was using soil, but for some reason they weren't really interested in digging in that. I've just had a bag of sand delivered, but I haven't tried it yet, but years ago Casper really enjoyed sand. I just found that everything around it got kind of covered in sand dust.

ohhh joy, sandy bedding :lol: Maybe we'll locate it downstairs then

Back