• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sir Neo Hootenanny - left with out vet treatment for months/ badly broken thigh

Poor little lad. :(

To do nothing when an animal quite obviously needs treatment is completely unforgiveable. It's neglect and cruelty. :(

He's lucky to have found his way to you. Hope all goes well at the vets.

oh love him, how can anyone be so cruel as to just leave him like that, he looks lovely and has a really freindly look about him, makes you wonder what makes people tick.
I hope all goes well for him tomoro

Bless him, he looks like such a sweetheart, at least he is being well looked after and on pain relief now and can get properly looked at even if it is several months later than it should have been, poor lamb. Was it Steve's turn to do the naming by any chance?

Bless him, he looks like such a sweetheart, at least he is being well looked after and on pain relief now and can get properly looked at even if it is several months later than it should have been, poor lamb. Was it Steve's turn to do the naming by any chance?

It was sort of a joint effort. Steve wanted hootenanny as a new year name. I wanted neo as it is Latin for new, then our fb group decided to put them together and add him to the new years honours list!

Oh bless him :love: he is gorgeous:love: I really don't understand some people. I often wonder whether Pebbles previous owner knew he had a huge abdominal tumor before they abandoned him. He was just fortunate my friend gave him to me and I paid a fortune to take a gamble of saving his life...and he is still with me 2 and a half years later :love:

Vet isn't 100% certain but feels it is more likely to be a dislocation than a break which was my thinking too.
He has been admitted for xrays and we will go from there.

I can't believe he has been left so long with such a poorly leg :(

I hope he can be sorted out soon! He's such a cutie :love:

This is so heartbreaking. He has had a massive injury to his thigh, which resulted in it being very badly broken. I can't begin to imagine how much pain he must have been in when it happened. however, as it happened so long ago the bone is now fairly stable. So the vet wants to try him on pain relief and gentle exercise and reassess in two Weeks rather than rush straight into amputation. Given the type and positioning of the break the amputation would be a much big op than usual involving the removal of his hip ball.

Poor little lad, he looks such a sweetie. Fingers crossed the recommended course of action has a positive affect on his leg - so glad he managed to find his way to you Liz xx

Back