• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Single buns

I'll be completely honest with you - the behaviour that you describe and view as friendliness is more than likely loneliness. It sounds to me as if he is rushing up to see you and getting friendly because he wants the company. With the best will in the world especially as an outdoor bun, he is going to be alone for 20+ hours a day, which is an awful lot for a social creature. It's very easy to interpret behaviour through our own experiences rather than through theirs.

Personally, I would advise either getting him neutered and getting him a friend of his own to share his life with 24 hours a day, or bring him indoors where he can interact with you and your household as you go about your daily business and not just in the periods of time you actively go to spend time with him. Again personally I would neuter him either way, as even if he doesn't display behaviour like marking territory, spraying, humping etc, a neutered male is definitely not a sexually frustrated male so that's got to be better for him.

Thank you I think you are right. I am going to save up to get him neutered.

Poppy is a single indoor bun - she used to have a friend when my brother used to own her, but sadly she died suddenly one night. Poppy was kept as an outdoor bun when she and I lived at my parents', but now she's an indoor bun with me in the flat, she's a completely different bunny. Very affectionate, she'll hop over whenever she wants a love. She's not been speyed because she has issues with anaesthetic.

Back