• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should rabbits from rescues be spayed/neutered before they are rehomed?

Ouch. I pay about £30:shock:

you pay less than me and I'm a rescue:shock:.

I think all rescues should neuter but unfortunately every rescue as different policies. What happens if the male (neutered or not) doesn't get on with your female:? Would you not be better going to a rescue that alread as neutered males that you can take Narla to visit and see who she chooses:D
(just a thought)

you pay less than me and I'm a rescue:shock:.

I think all rescues should neuter but unfortunately every rescue as different policies. What happens if the male (neutered or not) doesn't get on with your female:? Would you not be better going to a rescue that alread as neutered males that you can take Narla to visit and see who she chooses:D
(just a thought)

yep that's less then us too:shock:

and agree with going to a rescue:D

Benjy wasnt neutered when i adopted him as he was approx 3 months old, but i didnt have to sign an agreement that i would get him done

Hello Nala's Mummy!

We tried to bond your Nala with our Smudge last year. Although they got on to begin with after a few weeks they kept ending up in a big ball of fur, claws and teeth so we decided to take Nala back to the rescue for both their sakes!

I would suggest you sort out some speed dating for Nala at a rescue with some suitable neutered males so that she can choose as I think she could be quite a fussy bunny! If you pay for a rabbit to be neutered and she doesn't like him when he arrives you might have to start all over again.

On the plus side I do think there is a rabbit out there for every bunny. We did speed dating with Smudge and he picked Suzi who had previously bitten the tail off another male rabbit (the rescue didn't tell me this before we put Smudge in with her!) Suzi definitely dominates Smudge but he seems quite happy to put up with her bossiness in a way that he wouldn't with Nala.

Good luck!

Sam

All our females are neutered prior to remhoming apart from the very young females whom are not mature enough to be done. They are rehomed on the condition that they are neutered when they are old enough.

All our boy bunnies are neutered prior to rehoming.

Back