• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I try vacuuming rabbit?

I bought a furminator and used it for the first time with Peabody last week. It was great! I had read a lot about it before (for use on bunnies) and knew from past threads it isn't suitable for all buns. Peabody's winter coat is VERY thick and regular brushes/comb don't even make a dent in it. I used the furminator on the thickest area of her coat (back half mostly) and then the slicker and comb on the rest of her as normal. It was amazing and really helped to get out the tufts. Peabody really dislikes being groomed (although she's getting better) and she appeared quite a bit more relaxed this time around.

All that being said, she's not moulting any longer, just has a few persistent areas that stuck around. I think if she were moulting there would be a risk of taking too much fur with the furminator too quickly.

I have a fair of jogging bottoms that work great for collecting rabbit fur. Maybe I could just market an entire outfit, that way when you walk into their HQ or have them sit on your lap all the fur would just jump off the rabbit and onto the clothing - as that seems to be what happens with my trousers! I have NO idea what material they are made of, but I've had to stop wearing them around the buns. :lol:

Back