• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shopping List for The Hay Experts...what shall i buy?

Oat, wheat and barley hay is the best smelling hay ever!! :lol: :love:

I also like to get seagrass or other "grassy" mats for the bunnies to sit on and to destroy.

My bunnies are not too keen on toys, and they certainly don't care if something is pink or blue or just natural colour. :lol: Not sure why there has to be a pink version of everything nowadays.

I'm buying my trio some new toys and stuff later. Going to buy a tunnel and some things for them to throw around I think. Eek I just know I'm going to spend a fortune on them :lol:

Okay, so until PayDay (last day of month)

I've bought the following:
  • Fenugreek Crunchies
  • Readigrass
  • Chube (Giant!)
  • Grassy Carrot
  • Hay Sample Pack (Oxbow)

But i didn't order from THE, but from Animal Magic, as im aware they give 5% to local rescues and i got 15% off my first order :)

None of this will be used until bonding has done, so its all new for them in a new area :)

The Duchess - i'll keep the toys that can be washed then and see what we can do and decide to use them later if i wish :)

• I was just about to recommend animal magic!! :wave::wave: Alot of their stuff is cheaper than THE, and they donate to rescues :D

I was just about to recommend animal magic!! :wave::wave: Alot of their stuff is cheaper than THE, and they donate to rescues :D

Just to point out that you can't do direct comparrisons with pricing on many itmes as Lisa at THE is the sole stockist in the UK for some products - in particular things like the wicker tunnel from Oxbow (mentioned on AMPS Facebook page last night), with other stockists having similar but cheaper/different products for sale - it's not possible to do like for like.

Price isn't everything IMO, I think sometimes quality is more important.

I have a few favorite web sites that I have tried and tested. Some I will never, ever use.

Last edited:
Gosh, it is a while since I have been on THE website. Poor Spenser. He likes the grassy carrot (has had two). I've got a few ideas for my next order from this thread, thanks Graham! :wave:

Price isn't everything IMO, I think sometimes quality is more important.

I have a few favorite web sites that I have tried and tested. Some I will never, ever use.

Ditto :)

I have had such excellent customer service from The Hay Experts I would not go anywhere else, plus the quality is always great!

Ditto :)

I have had such excellent customer service from The Hay Experts I would not go anywhere else, plus the quality is always great!

^^^ This. Sometimes I order from them when I don't even need owt, just for the joy of good customer service.

Mine love any kind of fancy hay or dried herbs, and these tunnels:

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Tun...ge.553.html?osCsid=gf28db12jrnskbtdfd5asnkt06

which are great value for money as they keep them busy for ages.

my buns love the readigrass and dried plantain...i have to order that everytime!! they have loads of great stuff and the service si fab..even get an email from the courier to tell you what time it will arrive!! can't get better than that!!

my buns love the readigrass and dried plantain...i have to order that everytime!! they have loads of great stuff and the service si fab..even get an email from the courier to tell you what time it will arrive!! can't get better than that!!

My last delivery arrived 3 minutes earlier than the time they quoted, I love this part of the service as I dont have to hang about waiting all day for a parcel which doesnt arrive. I also requested that the parcel arrive on a given day to conincide with my day off.

Back