• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she's joking.... PLEASE TELL ME SHE'S JOKING!!! *WARNING MASSIVE RANT*

I would add a third choice:

assume it is a joke

write back as if it was a joke

something like . . 'gosh you almost had me fooled for a minute lol lol!!! Great joke!!! So what do the kids really want for Xmas?'

Make her realise that its SO absurd it just has to be a joke!!

I agree with this. If you act innocent to her true meaning you can make her see she is wrong, if you just rant at her she will just see it as you being unreasonable.

I would also add something along the lines of 'I nearly thought you were actually thinking that animals were just disposable like toys then, not real living creatures. Anyway, rabbits arent great with kids or noise or being picked up, so even if you got a tame rabbit they would probably end up being just like Freddy anyway. ' As I really do see her getting the kids a rabbit that is 'tame' to replace the bella promise, and that should warn her not to, and she might actually listen.

No offense but your sister sounds like a right idiot.

I know she is your sister but she doesn`t sound quite all there :? what normal human being (let alone family!) would think it is acceptable to tell someone that they are giving them their pet for the kids to have for christmas and word it in such an awful way :?

Don`t bother replying anymore, it will just end up winding you up even more. Oh and keep a close eye on ur beautiful buns :shock:

Wow!
I wouldn't respond to her second email unless you want to re-kindle the relationship. Your mum really shoiuldn't have given her your email address.

No way in hell would I have someone like that in my house, family or no. She has no right to demand either of the two rabbits from you.

Ignore ignore ignore!:censored:

WOW really :shock:

Isnt it amazing how two people from the same parent can be so different! Tell her she's clearly recently been hit with a stupid stick and you will wait until the effects have worn off until you speak to her again... then change your e-mail address!!!

I'd be very tempted to reply with a simple one word answer. No.

Then put all her mails in junk without opening them. :oops:

There is only one word for it: MENTAL!! :shock:

Don't give in to her ridicilous and unreasonable demands, and it is hugely unfair of her to use her children to put pressure on you. My God, what planet does she live on?? :roll:

Hugz xx

whats your 'other' one like?? :cry: my 'other' one is terrified of everyone but me. my 'other' one has come so far because of me. my 'other' one has a name and his name is JASPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im adopted i must be.... either that or my mum dropped her when she was a kid!!!!!!!

:cry:

I would make the polite suggestion that she stays away from you and your animal family now and always. Do you get on with your mum and dad? Would they understand how you feel or would they back her up?

My worry would be be if you say no, she'll just jog to P@h and pick up the nearest- looking one to yours.

Why don't you turn it around and say calmly and politely ( as IMO she probably WANTS an arguement if she's anything like my sister) and say what rubbish pets they make!!

Say things like ' oh their not that friendly and they pee everywhere and I really wouldn't think you'd want the hassle' etc.

I think you need to convince her not to own ANY pets.

I'd just send an email back saying that you aren't opening any more of her emails and she'd best just give up on the idea. After that just delete any new emails because it looks like this is upsetting you, she doesn't seem like the kind of person that's worth getting upset over. and you won't be missing out on anything good by not speaking to her.

Totally and utterly ignore it, pretend you've never Received it, if your mum or her contact you about it again it will be too close to Christmas and you just pretend you never saw it. By then you should have had time and be calm enough to answer cleverly and calmly and say everything you want to say but by staying the bigger person and not getting into a slanging match. What a horrible way to treat you though, I'm sorry your sister is acting like that.

my OH flew off the handle and called my mum. she gave my sister my email address as she told her that she wanted to make amends with me. whe he told her what happened and could here me sobbing in the background she started to cry and kept apologising. i know it wasnt her fault :(
ive told her to stay out of it and act like she doesnt know. she cant fall out with my sister as my sister would stop her seeing the kids and that would kill my mum. knowing she supports me is enough.

my mum and dad are sperated so my sister plays them (did i say she is 11 yrs OLDER than me so is 37!!!)

My worry would be be if you say no, she'll just jog to P@h and pick up the nearest- looking one to yours.

Why don't you turn it around and say calmly and politely ( as IMO she probably WANTS an arguement if she's anything like my sister) and say what rubbish pets they make!!

Say things like ' oh their not that friendly and they pee everywhere and I really wouldn't think you'd want the hassle' etc.

I think you need to convince her not to own ANY pets.
I would be tempted to do this. But on the other hand, you're understandbly feeling very upset and angry with her and it might be better for you just to tell her no and to ignore her emails and ensure your pets are safe indoors.

The woman appears to have some serious boundary issues.
Who on earth promises someone else's pets (or anything belonging to someone else, living creature or no) as a Christmas present to their children?

obviousley she is a few fruit and nut bits short of a full bar i also own one of these faulty sisters dont let her get to you block her spam file her emails shes nuts its obvious shes upsettin you and after causing trouble dont take any notice of her hunny x my sister is also insaine she sat in my house being vile about my husband via txt till i threw her out then convinced my mum she wasnt being vile at all wtf? do what i do and thats nothing no reply no nothing xx big hugs x

I would be tempted to do this. But on the other hand, you're understandbly feeling very upset and angry with her and it might be better for you just to tell her no and to ignore her emails and ensure your pets are safe indoors.

The woman appears to have some serious boundary issues.
Who on earth promises someone else's pets (or anything belonging to someone else, living creature or no) as a Christmas present to their children?

she's always been like this. she just 'does' things without any regard for anyone else. she told a family member who i hardly speak to that i cant have kids before i had told my dad and they went and told him :shock: that was great i can tell you!!!

she wont go and buy one, she hasnt got the money. she did add in the email that bella would need to come with all her stuff :roll:

oh yeah 'sure, why not. take all the bun gym stuff from my front room. im sure you have room for all that!!' :roll:

Oh you poor thing Shell!

You sound like the much bigger one - rise above it and ignore her. I Can't believe she's the age you say!!!

You won't get any closure or resolution from this. She won't ever understand how important they are to you and so she will just keep going. You need to try and protect yourself.

Back