• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed set up getting there slowy PIC HEAVY

pinkyblare

Alpha Buck
Right i have now put lino down and but some wood around egdes to stop the buns lifting hubby put a cupboard in fo rme bit and bobs out of reach of buns and i have just put all their new bits in (thrown in for now as we need do levels next weekend) they have new bed new mats new fleeces new tube etc right if you look at the window can anyone suggest a way we can make it open hubby is thinking that we could mesh outside then put perspex on inside then hinge it so that it lifts up to roofspace inside so we can fully open it as the buns will just love to lie on shelf looking out the mesh windows but with it being such a huge window hubby really doesnt want to be cutting it down etc to make frames to make it open outwards but if we put it so it opens inwards we make get raining coming through as it wont be watertight :roll::? so any ideas the perspex is very scratched so not ideal to be kept their permanent i just want to use it to protect them and the shed from the elements in winter and rain but cant see rain going horizontal that much lol :lol: i worry too much

here is when first put up (was given to us!)

DSCF3365.jpg

here is inside once first up

DSCF3366.jpg

now its all painted just needs new barge boards now

DSCF3370.jpg

new lino down and new bits for buns ready to be put in place

DSCF3408.jpg

DSCF3407.jpg

gonna try get some hay bags to hang on hooks so frees up them boxes so i just have the large blue one with megazorb in all my bin liners/cleaner brush and clean towels and mix of hays are in my cupboard

i cant wait till next weekend for it to be finished we attaching a run on side too just got the slabs for them today which will be laid below window

any more improvements can i make????????

Looking great! Buns will love it. You could take one of the glass panels out and put mesh over for ventilation and then put glass back in for winter or are you having a full mesh door? Love the idea of the cupboard. Now where is my hubby, got a little job for him :lol:

Looking great! Buns will love it. You could take one of the glass panels out and put mesh over for ventilation and then put glass back in for winter or are you having a full mesh door? Love the idea of the cupboard. Now where is my hubby, got a little job for him :lol:

Thanks peeps :wave: it is one big piece of rectangular perspex the can be taken out easily as its only got beading round it we putting mesh on inside but it would be pretty open to heavy rain if not covered in some way as its quite large opener aint it so wanted to be able to hinge the perspex piece in some way so hold it open for fresh air then prop it back down in winter /bad weather mmmm.... so much to think about lol these buns dont know how lucky they are:lol: just wondering how we could prop it open if we do it so it opens out from bottom??

the cupboard was just sat on floor in our other shed :lol: i can just step in with them now and i have all my bits to hand i was thinking of leaving main door open in summer and putting a section on the trixie run on inside so they can have more fresh air

i dont know all i can think about is shed set ups at mo people think i am mad but all this planning will be worth it for the bunnies and me lol:lol:

Looks great!! One thing though, you may want to protect the upright bits of the shed. I have just lined my shed today, as bunnies had chewed it quite badly!

Back