• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Setting up rabbit boarding

Alicia

Mama Doe
I currently run a pet care business, cat/small pet feeds, dog walking etc. and I enjoy it but rabbits and guinea-pigs are my favourites. I’d like to set up some kind of boarding at my home. I’ve got a medium sized garden, my bunnies and piggies have their own shed so I was thinking of getting another shed or similar at the other end of the garden. Is it feasible to set up my own rabbit boarding or am I living in a dream world :lol: Any tips? I’ve really got my heart set on this but I’m worried it’s not going to work

You would need to contact your local council and probably need to get planning permission for any commercial boarding sheds. Neighbours would therfore be informed of the plans. There are a couple of people near me that have done it. One was queried on the availability of parking for customers (it was on the local news) but was passed retrospectively.

The sheds need to be easy to disinfect between customers, so runs would probably be best on paving. Fox proofing would be a concern. Cameras would be good, especially if you are not around a lot. You can monitor the furries when you are out, and it gives added security

I would recommend contacting Catherine09, she ran a lovely boarding business in Hants. She is no longer running it so can probably give you both sides of it.

Back