• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

seriously?????

:lol: I also have one of those! It was my bantam chickies indoor home. It's now in my shed for Brian to hop in and out of as he pleases (and is a glorified litter box!).

I don't see anything wrong with the cages themselves - they were perfect for my little chicks. The problem is the way they're advertised and the customers they're directed at. I wouldn't actually like to see them not sold at all (I'd have to buy my two inch tall chicks a 6 foot hutch! :lol:) but I'd like to see sensible advertising. Advertising these for rabbits is just ludicrous.

Yes, I'd be fine with them if they were advertised as say, chick hutch or something similar

I wouldn't even put rats or piggies in that thing! It's tiny! :shock:

Ellie would deffinately get her butt stuck :roll:

WTF at the reviews on the site for this...

rabbit 100 cage

hi recieved this 2 days later is is a great bye and is big enoth for 2 small rabbits . excellent realy. just wish they sold the stand 100 to go with it as its hard to find .
(11/11/09)

and

Fantastic My Lionhead Loves it .

Ordered sunday and arrived wednesday. the cage is massive ..bigger than i thought it would be .. looks to big for my bunny. bunny is in luxery now :D . thankyou for your service zooplus.. deffo 5 stars .
(04/11/09)

Last edited:
I emailed the RWA to state my concerns and ask if anything could be done, they emailed back to say they have made a record of it and also that this year they will be putting pressure on manufacturers of substandard hutches :D :D

They sell this in a local pet store near me for about £50, along with other small hutches that are only a metre long by 48 cms wide, I took photos and emailed them to the RWF along with the companies head office address.

OK folks. I've noticed that when we write in to protest about these things we get very condescending replies. I summerize the message as, "We are the pet shop who know about animals, you're just Jo Public, & don't know what you're talking about". Of course it's all about high profits.

I think we need authorative back up for our protest, to get any action.
I've looked at the RSPCA site for rabbits & the animal welfare act on that site. http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/pets/rabbits. There's some good info in there. The accommodations mentioned on this thread probably breach the Animal Welfare Act. (Rabbits can't "exhibit their natural behaviour" in them.)

What do people think about us getting together, getting some good authorative links together, & trying writing again with back up?

OK folks. I've noticed that when we write in to protest about these things we get very condescending replies. I summerize the message as, "We are the pet shop who know about animals, you're just Jo Public, & don't know what you're talking about". Of course it's all about high profits.

I think we need authorative back up for our protest, to get any action.
I've looked at the RSPCA site for rabbits & the animal welfare act on that site. http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/pets/rabbits. There's some good info in there. The accommodations mentioned on this thread probably breach the Animal Welfare Act. (Rabbits can't "exhibit their natural behaviour" in them.)

What do people think about us getting together, getting some good authorative links together, & trying writing again with back up?

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: I'm in!

Back