• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Serious vibes needed for my foster bun Gwen please U/D 8th 16.54 going backwards :(

I'd hold off the syringe feeds for a few hours and see how she goes.
It's brilliant that she's done a few poos :D
Hopefully she's turned the corner now, bless her she really is a beautiful little Bunny :love:

Thanks Jane
She just leapt up a minute ago and dived into the pile of hay, had a little munch and is now laying back down again! I think she is exhausted bless her, she seems like she wants to eat now but it all gets a bit to much to do it for more than a minute or 2.
she is a very brave and precious little girl :love: :love:

Thanks Jane
She just leapt up a minute ago and dived into the pile of hay, had a little munch and is now laying back down again! I think she is exhausted bless her, she seems like she wants to eat now but it all gets a bit to much to do it for more than a minute or 2.
she is a very brave and precious little girl :love: :love:

She is just adorable :love:
Martha is gorgeous too. She had some of the herbs I took in to the surgery this morning :)

Here is the brave girl :love:

PICT0716.jpg

She is eating some hay now :)

My vet also just called me to see how she was doing and said it all sounds positive :D She also said to only start syringe feeding her if she stops nibbling food for 2 - 3 hours as it might stop her from eating of her own accord.

She is eating some hay now :)

My vet also just called me to see how she was doing and said it all sounds positive :D She also said to only start syringe feeding her if she stops nibbling food for 2 - 3 hours as it might stop her from eating of her own accord.

C really does care about all her patients doesn't she :)

I hope that Gwen is now eating and pooing even more and generally feeling much better.

How will you be strong enough to 'only' be her Foster Mummy !! :shock:

I have been trying to get online all night/morning but i kept getting cannot display webpage :shock:
Anyway she is brighter still this morning, got up 5 times in the night to check her, she was fine and i offered her something to eat each time and she had it.
I think she is now just playing on it a bit, the little madam! She wouldn't eat her A&PP pellet breakfast (which she has everyday) but when i just gave her a handful of excel she ate it! She has also eaten 5 pieces of banana (not good i know but she wolfed them down!)

However Martha is now refusing food :roll: I don't know if that is because she pigged out yesterday and ate everything Gwen didn't or if its something else.

I have the morning off so i will see how they are when i go into work and i will either take them back to the vets or take them to my mum for the afternoon just to be on the safeside.

I have been trying to get online all night/morning but i kept getting cannot display webpage :shock:
Anyway she is brighter still this morning, got up 5 times in the night to check her, she was fine and i offered her something to eat each time and she had it.
I think she is now just playing on it a bit, the little madam! She wouldn't eat her A&PP pellet breakfast (which she has everyday) but when i just gave her a handful of excel she ate it! She has also eaten 5 pieces of banana (not good i know but she wolfed them down!)

However Martha is now refusing food :roll: I don't know if that is because she pigged out yesterday and ate everything Gwen didn't or if its something else.

I have the morning off so i will see how they are when i go into work and i will either take them back to the vets or take them to my mum for the afternoon just to be on the safeside.

I expect Martha may have been a bit of a pig yesterday.
A bit of gripe water may help

So pleased to hear that Gwen is feeling better :D

xx

Seems i spoke to soon :cry:

She is very uncomfortable at the moment, keeps getting up and throwing herself down, moving around, sitting down getting up and now refusing food again.

Am waiting for vets to call me back :(

Seems i spoke to soon :cry:

She is very uncomfortable at the moment, keeps getting up and throwing herself down, moving around, sitting down getting up and now refusing food again.

Am waiting for vets to call me back :(

Has she had Metacam today ?

Poor girl, it was a huge op and I am not at all surprised that she is very sore :cry: All her insides have been pulled about and there will have been a much larger amount of muscle damage as the wound is so much bigger than for a 'normal' spay :cry:

Lots more vibes for her and give me a call if I can be of any help

xx

Has she had Metacam today ?

Poor girl, it was a huge op and I am not at all surprised that she is very sore :cry: All her insides have been pulled about and there will have been a much larger amount of muscle damage as the wound is so much bigger than for a 'normal' spay :cry:

Lots more vibes for her and give me a call if I can be of any help

xx

No i was told not to give her any metacam thats wjat i have just called and asked, waiting to be called back...:(

:cry: :cry: I don't know how you do it Liz, its so heartbreaking :cry:

I know how hard it is, but I am sure with some additional pain relief Gwen will hopefully feel better. Thinking of you and sending more vibes for Gwen. If she is anything my Gwenny she will be a little fighter :love:

Back