• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Secret Santa for rescues - update see post 59 please

Yes I did, sorry I meant I didn't know til I saw your pm, on my iPhone as my laptop is broken so was typing shorter so it didn't make any sense! Silly me haha. Thank you for offering to continue it, I'm glad it's wanted it makes me feel proud! I'll get a new charger for my laptop in a couple of days so I'll get things sorted asap :)

Can I nominate Hopper Haven?

We had three wonderful secret santas last year (pics on last years thread) that were very much appreciated by the residents:D:D:D

i would like to be a secrate santa ........................ but only if i'll be of use...i wont be able to afford a lot but would love to help out a rescue! so if thats ok then please count me in!

Hi everyone! I'll be honest, I said I didn't have time to do it because I didn't feel I wanted to do it, because of the upset before. However, I loved doing it, and I feel if I step down it could be seen as a guilty move. I did enjoy it, and I do want to do it again this year. If anyone doesn't want me to do it ,then we can talk about that,but I hope nobody objects. I feel proud of the secret Santa - I didn't realise this thread was here, I don't want to step on your toes either! X

Thats wonderful news :D:D You done a wonderful job over the past few years and I know all our bunnies really appreciate all your hard work as we don't have much money left ourselves to get them lots of toys and posh hay :)

I would like to join in as a secret Santa please. I loved buying pressure last year knowing somebun with no mummy or daddy would be happy.

I will be a secret santa, or maybe i will make Herbie & Inca be them so i can send two gifts :)

I'd like to be a secret santa again, I really enjoyed shopping for it last year. Didn't know there were problems last year.....seems a bit out of order to be nasty to someone who volunteered and gave up her own time to do it :?

I'd like to be a gifter :wave:
Could I also nominate Animals in Need Northampton :D I would be happy to take thier gift down so we know it has arrived (as I dont think anyone from there use's RU) and I can get piccies ;)

Incase she doesnt see this, I'm sure Kayj would love to be counted in for bunnhops to recieve some gifts :wave:

i'd happily do a secret santa again.

The only problem with nominating someone is that when they receive a gift we would need confirmation, as it would be disappointing for the person who has sent it not knowing if it had arrived safely - as long as you are willing to take a photo etc that should be ok

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that's what I thought was so weird last year. I never got any confirmation that my gift was received, and it was for a rescue that isn't (I don't think) active on here but, to be honest, didn't expect that at all. :? I just relied on the good old Royal Mail to get it there. I really don't think rescues should have to acknowledge receipt and take photos etc, although obviously if they want to they can.

I think this is the perfect opportunity to support rescues who are not usually the recipients of fundraising. Just my view though! :)

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that's what I thought was so weird last year. I never got any confirmation that my gift was received, and it was for a rescue that isn't (I don't think) active on here but, to be honest, didn't expect that at all. :? I just relied on the good old Royal Mail to get it there. I really don't think rescues should have to acknowledge receipt and take photos etc, although obviously if they want to they can.

I think this is the perfect opportunity to support rescues who are not usually the recipients of fundraising. Just my view though! :)

When i did it i didnt get confirmation either so was really left wondering if it was received or not - and tbh i thought maybe what i sent might have either not been enough or not needed :oops: I do think its a good idea that rescues can just say if it has been recieved or not (i know a lot of rescues did this already) I did ask a couple of times but didnt get any feedback so never knew.

When i did it i didnt get confirmation either so was really left wondering if it was received or not - and tbh i thought maybe what i sent might have either not been enough or not needed :oops: I do think its a good idea that rescues can just say if it has been recieved or not (i know a lot of rescues did this already) I did ask a couple of times but didnt get any feedback so never knew.

I really don't think anyone should ever think what they've sent isn't enough. I mean, that's the whole point of secret santa, isn't it? That it's a little bonus for the rescue that they weren't expecting? :? I think it's a good idea for rescues to say if there is something in particular they would like though. :)

This is why we started the Pledge a pound (see my signature):D

Just to let you all know that Denise and myself have stepped down as xMissysjx has now decided she would like to organise the Secret Santa, so if you have any queries would you please pm her:D

Thank you for all the pm's Denise and I received regarding this- it's very nice to be appreciated:D

Back