• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Secret Santa for rescues - update see post 59 please

Can someone explain exactly what 'Secret Santa' is, please, for us new 'uns? :?

Rescues nominate themselves on this thread if they would like to receive a gift at Christmas, at the same time people are saying if they would like to send a gift anonymously to a rescue.

Denise and myself collect the names of all the rescues and the people who would like to be involved, we then tell the person willing to donate a present who their rescue is:D

Gifts can include all sorts of things, from rabbit toys to hay, we think the best thing to do is ask the rescues what they would like (within reason) as each one has a different priority:D

Once we've estabished that we are organising it we can list a few guidelines etc, this thread is just to see who is interested - but I'm making a list of who wants to be involved etc.

Can I nominate the Rabbit Residence Rescue as a recipient please? Caroline doesn't get online a lot and isn't on RU but it would be a real shame if she missed out just because of that. I'm happy to check with her/let her know etc if necessary :)

The only problem with nominating someone is that when they receive a gift we would need confirmation, as it would be disappointing for the person who has sent it not knowing if it had arrived safely - as long as you are willing to take a photo etc that should be ok

Last edited:
Could I please nominate Forget-Me-Not Sanctuary and Rescue? I'm a volunteer, and I'm sure Caraline would love to be involved in this fundraiser. She is not an RU member, but has had a nightmare of a year, and the bunnies would really appreciate a gift at Christmas.

Also, I'd like to be a 'giver' too, I will be buying for the Forget-Me-Not bunnies and piggies, but would love to help another rescue/sanctuary.

Id love to be a secret santa please, I took part last year and loved it, thought it was well run last year - not too sure why people have to moan when people are trying to do something nice!!! :evil:

The only problem with nominating someone is that when they receive a gift we would need confirmation, as it would be disappointing for the person who has sent it not knowing if it had arrived safely - as long as you are willing to take a photo etc that should be ok

Thanks - I'm sure I can arrange that :) I'll check with Caroline but I'm sure it'll be fine :D

Well done for volunteering to arrange it - as others have said, politics and logistics abound. Good job :thumb:

I would be a gifter, enjoyed it last year.

But i would also like to put Fife Rabbit Rescue forward to recieve a gift :wave:

Rescues nominate themselves on this thread if they would like to receive a gift at Christmas, at the same time people are saying if they would like to send a gift anonymously to a rescue.

Denise and myself collect the names of all the rescues and the people who would like to be involved, we then tell the person willing to donate a present who their rescue is:D

Gifts can include all sorts of things, from rabbit toys to hay, we think the best thing to do is ask the rescues what they would like (within reason) as each one has a different priority:D

Once we've estabished that we are organising it we can list a few guidelines etc, this thread is just to see who is interested - but I'm making a list of who wants to be involved etc.

Is there a price limit on the gift so that all rescues receive the same amount of stuff?

Thanks to eveyone that has responded so far - both gifters & rescues :)

Sue & I need to wait to see if Missy SJ does want to do the Secret Santa again this year or if anyone else raises any objections to us doing this. If we are to do it, we will then start a thread in fundraising & explain fully how we are running this etc.

We are aware there were problems last year, but can we ask that these are not brought up again please - what happened last year happened (not that I know what did!), this is this year's secret santa & will hopefully be a positive & fun experience for all involved :)

Hi everyone! I'll be honest, I said I didn't have time to do it because I didn't feel I wanted to do it, because of the upset before. However, I loved doing it, and I feel if I step down it could be seen as a guilty move. I did enjoy it, and I do want to do it again this year. If anyone doesn't want me to do it ,then we can talk about that,but I hope nobody objects. I feel proud of the secret Santa - I didn't realise this thread was here, I don't want to step on your toes either! X

Hi everyone! I'll be honest, I said I didn't have time to do it because I didn't feel I wanted to do it, because of the upset before. However, I loved doing it, and I feel if I step down it could be seen as a guilty move. I did enjoy it, and I do want to do it again this year. If anyone doesn't want me to do it ,then we can talk about that,but I hope nobody objects. I feel proud of the secret Santa - I didn't realise this thread was here, I don't want to step on your toes either! X

I think it would be lovely if you did it again you did a great job last year as far as im concerned

I've just looked at last years photos, and ended up in tears at all those poor little bunnies with their little Crimble Presents! Bless:cry::):cry:
What a brilliant idea!

Didn't you get my pm - I'm not on your ignore list am I;)

Denise and I simply "picked up the reins" so to speak because we had been contacted by a couple of rescues as they were concerned it wasn't going to happen this year, due to you not having enough time:D

It's fine if you want to continue to organise it - at the end of the day does it matter who organises it as long as the rescues benefit and it's run fairly:D

Back