• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Savoy Cabbage?

:wave: 1 large leaf a day with something else like a couple of sprigs of basil or dill would be plenty I think or 2 smaller ones twice a day.

I give the buns savoy cabbage daily! :D I always give them a large leaf each along with various other veggies :) xXx

Deej prefers spring greens, but if I can't get any he has about 1 medium or half a large leaf (but he gets about 5 or 6 different veg) daily.

Depends on your bun, try a small amount (about an inch or two) to start with and if he/she is ok then increase. One of my buns has a violent reaction to it and he gets really bad diarrhoea.

Blimey :shock: mine get about a 6th of a savoy per pair per day (as well as a variety of other fresh veg). Maybe that's why they're so fat!!!!!

Blimey :shock: mine get about a 6th of a savoy per pair per day (as well as a variety of other fresh veg). Maybe that's why they're so fat!!!!!

:lol:

You ought to see how much veg our buns get!! I do them a bowl of around 6-7 different veg every afternoon :oops: The big buns get a banana to share every morning too xXx

:lol:

You ought to see how much veg our buns get!! I do them a bowl of around 6-7 different veg every afternoon :oops: The big buns get a banana to share every morning too xXx

Well mine used to get a quarter of a savoy per pair per day, as well as half a carrot, half a head of broccoli, large chunk of cauliflower, swede and celeriac in the morning and then a mahoosive bowl of spring greens in the evening. I've now cut this right down to about a third of what they were having before, masses and masses of hay and a tiny sprinkle of pellets just as a treat. I HAVE to get some weight off them - the little porkers :lol::lol:

Well mine used to get a quarter of a savoy per pair per day, as well as half a carrot, half a head of broccoli, large chunk of cauliflower, swede and celeriac in the morning and then a mahoosive bowl of spring greens in the evening. I've now cut this right down to about a third of what they were having before, masses and masses of hay and a tiny sprinkle of pellets just as a treat. I HAVE to get some weight off them - the little porkers :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ronnie: Can me and my wifey Lola move in with you? You seems like a nice lady ;) Your menu sounds WAY better than what our hoomin gives us!

My vet told me today that cabbage could be the reason one of mine has a sticky bum! He also said it could be the broccoli. He told me to go easy on both. Hope that helps a bit!!

Back